Renting in Central Coast NSW .. tips pse

Guest robbogang33

Guest robbogang33

Hi I am moving to OZ in April and need to find a home on the Central Coast (Tuggerah,Terrigal, Entrance, Gosford, Wyoming etc and that sort of area)whilst living with friends in Sydney. Has anyone got any tips/advice on best areas to live and Agents to use please.

many thanks

steve

Hi I am moving to OZ in April and need to find a home on the Central Coast (Tuggerah,Terrigal, Entrance, Gosford, Wyoming etc and that sort of area)whilst living with friends in Sydney. Has anyone got any tips/advice on best areas to live and Agents to use please.

many thanks

steve

If need short term rental in Gosford we used wombats bed and breakfast which was a converted house more like two flats we rented part of the top floor two rooms and had the lounge kitchen use of pool jacuzzi was really spoilt by laurie. loads of room and laurie was an absolute wealth of knowledge.look on his web site link i think is wombats bed and breakfast can rent the whole house if needed to if you make contact with him tell him sue and wilf recommended him. Am sure if he doesnot know he will now someone who does

regards sue

Guest Smartline Home Lending

Will you be working on the Central Coast or commuting to Sydney to work? Tuggerah is a bit of a drive away from Terrigal or Gosford if you are working there. I used to live at Tuggerah, that part of the coast is just beautiful, we would go down and have bbq's at The Entrance almost every weekend. I probably wouldnt want to live right in Gosford as that is the town centre but other really nice places are - Foresters beach, Terrigal (if you can afford it), Woy Woy. It has been a while since I lived there (about 10 yrs) so Im sure there would have been plenty of change, but you have definately picked a great part of Australia to live. There are also some great places in the ranges to live as well.

many thanks

steve

Hi Steve

We currently renting a property in Terrigal - property rentals seem to go up & down here, one minute there are loads then the next they are hard to get again.

Have a look at Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au its a useful site.

Keep any eye on the properties as many of them sit around for ages - mainly becuase (or we have found) that landlords often cant be bothered to re paint or tart the place up a bit - so there is always room for a bit of price haggling.

We moved last june 2 streets from the property we were renting before so we have now rented 2 properties from 2 different agents.

We do find that majority of peeps tend to prefer Terrigal, Green Point, Avoca, North Avoca,Tumbi Umbi,Glenning Valley, and peeps tend to steer away from anywhere that has got a train station - word is that they are normally the trouble spots (but i have not had any personal experience of living near a train station)

As regards agents - i can def tell you who to avoid from personal experience - but perhaps i shoudnt on this post !!!!

Please do pm us if you would like any help when you are this way

All the best

gizmo

Guest robbogang33

very many thanks appreciate your comments and help. I will be working in Tuggerah but living in Sydney until removals arrive so prob not able to move until mid to late may. Do you mind if I keep your contact and get in touch nearer the time please ? Are there any furnished short term lets for about a month so I don't have to commute or is this prob not possible ? Thanks again. Steve

very many thanks appreciate your comments and help. I will be working in Tuggerah but living in Sydney until removals arrive so prob not able to move until mid to late may. Do you mind if I keep your contact and get in touch nearer the time please ? Are there any furnished short term lets for about a month so I don't have to commute or is this prob not possible ? Thanks again. Steve

hi Steve,

No worries - contact us when you are good & ready,

Not sure about the short term rents in Tuggerah area - all i can say is contact the local agents in and around Tuggerah -

do try all the agents in Tuggerah,Tumbi,Terrigal, etc etc (experience tells me that one agent in Tuggerah will tell you to go to the same company at terrigal as they do not interlink so to speak) in other words do your own leg work they dont. You may be able to get something furnished for a month or so its worth a try

cheers

gizmo

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AussieinLondon

Hi there Gang,

As a former Coastie, I lived on the fabulous Central Coast for 6 years. Just don't ask me why I left for your sunny England-lol. Never mind. As regards of where to live on the Central Coast,I definitely would not recommend the Centre of Gosford, it really doesn't have anything going for it.Terrigal is very nice, but you will be over-run by tourists every weekend. Long way from Tuggerah too. Great for a visit,just don't live there. Avoca Beach, around the corner from Terrigal is absolutely beautiful-I love it. It has a fantastic old cinema (even if you don't live here you must go and visit), and is more like a charming seaside village then the craziness of Terrigal.

Other areas to consider are possibly Green Point, very nice area, rental prices reasonable; Wyoming and Narara (Narara is where my house is)-good services in this area including supermarket, dentists, doctors, restaurants,etc and again good homes and reasonable rent, also only 10 min drive to F3 freeway to Sydney and 15 mins to Tuggerah; Koolewong, Tascott, Point Clare and Kariong are also very decent areas to rent with all the amenities of West Gosford or Woy Woy within a short drive of no more than 10 mins away. Tuggerah is largely industrialised, there are pockets of nice real estate, and there is a MASSIVE shopping centre nearby but i can think of plenty of other nicer places. These areas I just described usually have older homes, usually wood or brick or there is a considerably large amount of apartments and villas.

It really depends what you and your family are wanting on your wish list for a home. If you are after newer homes, then further past Wyong, to areas such as Blue Haven, Warnervale, might be more suited and are still close enough to easy access to the Sydney freeway, but further from the beaches, but closer to Tuggerah. If you give me more detail on your wish list, I would be more than happy to help you. As for real estate agents, they are all a much of a muchness (ie the same really). Most of them are very decent, and would not rip you off. the Tenancy laws in Australia are now very geared towards protecting the tenants. Kathy Bowler Real Estate in Wyoming have a very long and good reputation on the coast, but otherwise realestate.com.au or domain.com.au will give you loads (too much probably) choice of rental properties.

Probably good idea to have look on internet (if not done already) for places to rent, pick a few across good cross-section, pick up Central Coast Map, and take a good drive around for the day. There are some fab places to stop for a picnic and chill out. Don't hestitate to keep in touch, and let me know when you find a place. I will be back in Australia and the Central Coast in late May, so maybe I will call on you for a cuppa and we can trade stories-lol. All the best to you

Sandie

Hi Sandie,

Just wanted to say thanks for all this really useful info on the Central Coast. We are headed that way later this year (fingers crossed) have rellys who live in Palm Beach (bit out of my price range but is the reason we are headed that way). Heard that the public transport is rubbish over there - would be interested on your views though? Thanks again for the info I found it really helpful. All the best with your upcoming trip.

All the best,

Nikci

Archived