475 temporary visa to 887 PR

Dobbsy

Hi guys, I have lived and worked in Mandurah WA (regional area) for 18 months now and my family and I love our new lives here. We want to apply for a permanent visa which I believe is the new 887 visa. Has anyone gone through this process? do we have to wait for the whole 24 months before we can apply? Is it pretty straight forward? any advice would be great as the immigration site still confuses me after 4 years of studying it LOL !!

:hug:

ps: anyone new to the site thinking of moving to WA, yes its different to the UK.... but that's why we love it!!!!

Life is what you make it! :)

Just in the middle of preparing our 887 application at the moment. Should be ready to submit next week. Unfortunately, the first question on the visa application is whether or not you have lived and worked regionally for 2 years. So, yes you will have to wait for 2 years. We have been impatient as well, but the end is in sight.

It seems to be a relatively straight forward application. Make sure you have all of your documentation ready to evidence that you have lived and worked regionally etc. You could start scanning it in now to save you time nearer to when you submit your application.

We also chose WA to settle in and are about 6 hours north of you in Geraldton.

Archived