South Sunshine or North Gold Coast?

Niinstalls

Hiya guys!

We arrive in QLD on the 5th September and are looking at either South Sunshine (Caloundra/Kings/Golden Beach area)or North Gold Coast (Upper Coomera/Oxenford/Helensvale)

We are a family of 4 –our 2 children are 4 (5 in December) & just about to turn 3. So my little girl will start school in Jan/Feb. My daughter has been doing ballet in UK so she would like to continue with it and I’d also like to be close to sport activities/gymnastics for my little boy.

Could anyone give recommendations/issues with any of these areas? We like to be social and would like to be somewhere that the children can meet and play with other kids.

Hubby’s job means that we can be flexible as long as he can access the city and an airport

Thanks in advance

Elise x

PS. We have never been to QLD, we did our reccie in Perth but hubbys job has meant we are going to be based this side instead, any advice would be greatly recieved!

Hi, we arrive on 2nd September, hubby's job based in brisbane and we are looking at wellington point and cleveland at the moment. Never visited either before so fingers crossed ! We are also looking or somewhere close to a gym with lots on for families, our son is 7 and daughter is 4 in October. Happy to have a meet up when we're over the jet lag.

Hi, we arrive on 2nd September, hubby's job based in brisbane and we are looking at wellington point and cleveland at the moment. Never visited either before so fingers crossed ! We are also looking or somewhere close to a gym with lots on for families, our son is 7 and daughter is 4 in October. Happy to have a meet up when we're over the jet lag.

Plenty of poms in this area. Birkdale even has a British Curry house, Chip shop and general store for all the poms!

The curry house is fantastic by the way

Hiya guys!

We arrive in QLD on the 5th September and are looking at either South Sunshine (Caloundra/Kings/Golden Beach area)or North Gold Coast (Upper Coomera/Oxenford/Helensvale)

We are a family of 4 –our 2 children are 4 (5 in December) & just about to turn 3. So my little girl will start school in Jan/Feb. My daughter has been doing ballet in UK so she would like to continue with it and I’d also like to be close to sport activities/gymnastics for my little boy.

Could anyone give recommendations/issues with any of these areas? We like to be social and would like to be somewhere that the children can meet and play with other kids.

Hubby’s job means that we can be flexible as long as he can access the city and an airport

Thanks in advance

Elise x

PS. We have never been to QLD, we did our reccie in Perth but hubbys job has meant we are going to be based this side instead, any advice would be greatly recieved!

As long as you don't have to go into Brisbane regulalry for work either will be good. Bit more to do at the gold coast especially for kids I would think.

If you do need to be in Brisbane regularly the commute can be a killer

We live in the north Gold Coast. Beautiful place and plenty to do with the little ones, beach, theme parks, scenic area. As a previous poster said the commute to brisbane can be a killer. I work in south brisbane and it can take me anywhere between 30 mins to an hour, depending on the traffic and the time of day.

Definately would love to meet up once we are both settled!

We live in the north Gold Coast. Beautiful place and plenty to do with the little ones, beach, theme parks, scenic area. As a previous poster said the commute to brisbane can be a killer. I work in south brisbane and it can take me anywhere between 30 mins to an hour, depending on the traffic and the time of day.

Whereabouts are you MummyMann? Xx

I definately think we would look into getting into boating!

Although there are boating possibilities on both sides of the river, and there's no law about towing a boat over the bridge, The Gold Coast side has the Broadwater, which is a protected strip of sea between the mainland and Stradbroke island.

Lots of activities on the Gold Coast. Shopping centres, beaches and the like. Coomera, and Ormeau have some fantastic schools both state and private very close by, You have both the River and the coast to choose from, you can get a season pass to the theme parks which make entry quite reasonable. Coomera has a great kindy/preschool as well - "Coomera Clubhouse", but you need to get your name down as places are limited. Also good medical facilities just be careful if considering schools to stay away from Coomera State College it does not have the best name. For state primary Coomera Rivers Primary is a good school, if you want private schools there is Coomera Anglican College, and St Stephens College - both established schools but have a wait list in many grades. There is also " Lords " a new Lutheran college which is making a name for itself as being a great school even though it is only 2 years old and still establishing its facilities.

There is a train into the city but it does gets a bit crowded in peak travel hours.