Dog Grooming/Clippers

tonyman

wahl clippers do a range for pets i remember buying some 10/12 years ago i think they were about 180 a pair then [ retail].

i bought a new pair of clippers for work [ for human hair lol]about three weeks ago wholesale at 225 good clippers do cost

can anyone tell me a model and make of some GOOD professional dog clippers , ive bought cheap before and they are garbage so want to spend much more this time to hopefully last many yrs , thanks

Tulip on here is a professional Dog Groomer, she may be able to point you in the right direction for home use.

Bless Pepper, I hope she is not looking too bad if the clippers are playing up:eek:

Tulip on here is a professional Dog Groomer, she may be able to point you in the right direction for home use.

Bless Pepper, I hope she is not looking too bad if the clippers are playing up:eek:

Thanks Candy ,will tip toe my way over to Tulips profile and ask her ...........last time she was groomed I insisted on staying as she has bit a few , it was probs the hardest 2 hours ive ever had , I had to wrestle with her to keep her still while the groomer tried to do her ,she jumped out of the hydro bath and was dangling by her lead , she was doing her best to get the groomer and I just had to physically keep her in headlocks ect .....I ended up finishing her off........but when I have cut her in the past she just doesn't bother with all that ! she lets me do it , she can be awkward ect but I get there in the end .......

Hi, I am a dog walker, and I also groom my spoodle/ cockapoo about 6-8 times per year. The poodle part adds the robustness to the fur and is the reason I needed solid clippers.

I use and recommend the Wahl Km2. Its a two speed clipper but you always use it on high.

Retail you might pay near $300 but I got it for about $200 via ebay, and a seller in QLD Australia for about $200.

I also bought the full comb kit that allows you to cut longer length hair, which I do on the body of my dog during winter.

You need to make sure that the dog is freshly washed before clipping as dirt will quickly dull the blades, but there are a few Melbourne based sharpener people around that charge about $10 plus postage to sharpen the blades. New blades can cost $40 to $50. One of the sharpener guys here recommended another blade rather than a direct wahl replacement head, said it was better metal.

I found that I only needed to watch one youtube clip to learn enough to do a basic cut. I work with my dog on dog walks everyday, so I need to make sure he is comfortable and keeping a good coat is a big part of that. Then of course you need to have a dog that is willing to be clipped.

Good luck!

Archived