Using foreign collateral for Oz loan

pope6

i just spoke to someone from Aussie Mortgages and he told me some lenders will accept equity in a UK house towards a deposit here. It seemed so unlikely that i didn't push him on which banks and thought I'd come home to do my own research. I can't find anything obvious about it on the net, so my question is will an Oz bank accept equity that is in a UK property as part of a deposit or in lieu of mortgage insurance. To be clear I'm not talking about me taking the money out via a UK bank

Thanks in advance

Guest The Pom Queen

I know when we first arrived we wanted to do something similar but the ANZ said no one did this, now this was many moons ago so things may have changed but I wouldn't think it is possible as, like we were told, how would they legally get the equity if you breached the repayments, yes possible but an absolute nightmare for them, that's why debt collectors don't chase you over here for a UK debt

I know when we first arrived we wanted to do something similar but the ANZ said no one did this, now this was many moons ago so things may have changed but I wouldn't think it is possible as, like we were told, how would they legally get the equity if you breached the repayments, yes possible but an absolute nightmare for them, that's why debt collectors don't chase you over here for a UK debt

Thanks Pom Queen. That's what i thought when it was mentioned

Archived