Flat for commercial use (massage and beauty)

demsey

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right category to ask this question but let's try.

My wife is a masseuse and beautician. She is thinking to start her own business, however, at the beginning she would like to offer her service in house or visit clients. We are not quite sure how it looks like in Australia to use a flat (probably a spare room) to do this kind of things. Are there any regulations, rules or anything like that? I'm not even sure how to search things like that. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

David

• 2 weeks later...

I would think there would be an awful lot of regualtions, health and safety, tagging of all equipment and anything else the local council can think of.

There would also be Public Liablity insurances,to think of.

You may even need planning permission depending on the are you are heading

There is always a huge amount of red tape here to do the basic of basics, so I would maybe send an email to the local council, in the area you are heading to and ask them what they would require

Might also be a good idea to do a search in the area and see how many beauty therapists there already are in the area, to see if it is even a feasable option

Clients are usually loyal to thier exsisting beautician, so it could be very hard to get a client base as well.

• 3 weeks later...

It might be difficult to run a business from rented accommodation (unless it was a business lease), I know my friend is looking doing remedial massage as a sports therapist and there has to be a separate entrance to the business part of it.

Archived