Moving to Perth soon and starting to brick it!

auzziesheila

Have to say, I have worked with a lot of 457 and I was originally 457. Never seen anyone underpaid. In fact most were paid a premium above the Oz counterparts. When I first came over, the GFC hit and the company was in major strife. They had to lay off most of the team, but they kept on myself and the other 457 because they knew what it would mean and just asked us to look for alternative jobs. Which took us both about 6 months

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have to say, I have worked with a lot of 457 and I was originally 457. Never seen anyone underpaid. In fact most were paid a premium above the Oz counterparts. When I first came over, the GFC hit and the company was in major strife. They had to lay off most of the team, but they kept on myself and the other 457 because they knew what it would mean and just asked us to look for alternative jobs. Which took us both about 6 months

Yes but theres a big difference between a geoligist or engineer who has been recruited from overseas as they are well trained and have a skill that is needed and a young Irish lad who comes on a WHV and works as a tradie for $25ph and gets sponsored. 457's have their place but for young inexperienced tradesmen on low wages they do not.

Archived