Whats the go with taking medical records back to UK

Thistle13

Have had some medical issues over the years...all good now...but you never know when they might rear their ugly head again...does anyone know if we can get access to records in Aus...I couldn't get anything when I came from Uk to Aus but that was 25 yrs ago.

Hey there, I asked my Aussie GP for our medical records to be put onto disc and I've brought the discs back with us for the GP we have registered with here. Word of warning though, check the discs! I made the mistake of not checking them until we got back, I checked the disc for my daughter and there was nothing in it! And mine was missing an important discharge summary for my private maternity care which I would have liked to have my GP here have a copy of. I was quite surprised that the GP surgery didn't even charge for the discs (although incomplete) to be made up for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Have had some medical issues over the years...all good now...but you never know when they might rear their ugly head again...does anyone know if we can get access to records in Aus...I couldn't get anything when I came from Uk to Aus but that was 25 yrs ago.

You can get hospital records and most GPS will give you details of your history -we took all Xrays Scans etc when we went back in 2001 and found that usefull

Archived