Docs required for ACCA skills assessment

clairebear82

Hey,

Apologies if this has been asked before - I have spent quite some time trawling through the forum and the ICAA website and still a bit confused! and I did email ICAA directly over a week ago now, but no response! :arghh:

Can anyone confirm what docs to send for the migration skill assessment for ACCA qualification?

I know I need IELTS (academic scores of 7+) - ok

Membership certificate - certified original - ok

now, they ask for a letter of good standing which is fine, ACCA have kindly sent me one - however, as I am in Sydney, they emailed me a PDF of the original - will this be accepted or do I need to go back to ACCA and ask them to post it to Australia?!

Exam results achieved and the subjects - What do they actually want for this?!! - I no longer have the little slips confirming my results after each sitting, but do have certificates for completion of each level - or do I need to get ACCA to provide something that specifically details all the results in one report?

Academic results and records - I don't have any!! is this only if I have a degree that I want noted on the assessment?

CV and employment reference - is this always required for Skills assessment? or is this just if I am having the employment assessed as well?

Apologies if these are stupidly obvious questions, but I don't want to start shelling out time and money without being sure I have it right first!!

Thanks in advance

Claire

They probably want to check that you have covered the knowledge areas as outlined on the following link...

http://www.charteredaccountants.com.au/The-Institute/Migration-assessment/Recognised-accounting-qualifications

I had to submit a fair bit as I have not yet finished my ACCA (the two damn impossible optional exams remaining!) so was applying on the basis of my Accountancy degree. It's totally ridiculous that you should have submit anything more than your membership certificate as ACCA is a vastly superior qualification to either ICAA or CPA, both of which have a mammoth total of five exams and pass rates not below 70%.

You should be able to obtain a transcript of your results from ACCA - this is available on the ACCA website but would probably be better if it could be obtained on some sort of ACCA headed paper or transcript.

A record of experience is required not to prove you skills, but your years of relevant experience. From memory, I think it has to be five years, including at least 12 months of the last two years.

I went through an agent (Go Matilda) as like you I had no idea what to send and what not to send. It was a very time consuming process to put everything together, especially as I had to contact a couple of old bosses to write references on their employers headed paper, and one of my lecturers from university to state that my degree covered all of the knowledge areas on the above link. I also provided four payslips for each of the last eight years as evidence that I had indeed worked where I had claimed to work. That might not have been essential but the agent said that enclosing 32 payslips and P60's would do no harm.

If you want to PM me your email I think I have a copy of everything that I sent. I went through CPA but am sure they are much the same.

Thanks Graham, that's really helpful

Its so confusing, was debating using an agent, but I thought this would all be pretty simple!! No idea why a membership certificate won't suffice, surely they deal with ACCA requests all the time so they know what it involves?!! Pretty ridiculous!

Sounds like I need to raid the dusty box of random old docs - knew I kept these mountains of paperwork for a reason! That would be great, thank you! Will pm my email address

I remember the optional papers well - I foolishly opted to take advanced financial management and advanced tax? Goodness knows what I was thinking! Never again!!

Hi,

For migration skills assessment, you need to check Form M here http://www.aaca.org.au/migration-skills-assessment/.

It is far more simple than it is described in above posts, they want your diploma(s), transcript of educational courses completed showing subjects, hours / credit points and examination results, and registration to architectural organisation, if any. No IELTS, no references.

I've just sent them my file for assessment.

Cheers

Very helpful if you want to retrain as an architect first, not so otherwise

Hi,

For migration skills assessment, you need to check Form M here http://www.aaca.org.au/migration-skills-assessment/.

It is far more simple than it is described in above posts, they want your diploma(s), transcript of educational courses completed showing subjects, hours / credit points and examination results, and registration to architectural organisation, if any. No IELTS, no references.

I've just sent them my file for assessment.

Cheers

AACA not to be confused with ACCA...

• 2 months later...
They probably want to check that you have covered the knowledge areas as outlined on the following link...

http://www.charteredaccountants.com.au/The-Institute/Migration-assessment/Recognised-accounting-qualifications

I had to submit a fair bit as I have not yet finished my ACCA (the two damn impossible optional exams remaining!) so was applying on the basis of my Accountancy degree. It's totally ridiculous that you should have submit anything more than your membership certificate as ACCA is a vastly superior qualification to either ICAA or CPA, both of which have a mammoth total of five exams and pass rates not below 70%.

You should be able to obtain a transcript of your results from ACCA - this is available on the ACCA website but would probably be better if it could be obtained on some sort of ACCA headed paper or transcript.

A record of experience is required not to prove you skills, but your years of relevant experience. From memory, I think it has to be five years, including at least 12 months of the last two years.

I went through an agent (Go Matilda) as like you I had no idea what to send and what not to send. It was a very time consuming process to put everything together, especially as I had to contact a couple of old bosses to write references on their employers headed paper, and one of my lecturers from university to state that my degree covered all of the knowledge areas on the above link. I also provided four payslips for each of the last eight years as evidence that I had indeed worked where I had claimed to work. That might not have been essential but the agent said that enclosing 32 payslips and P60's would do no harm.

If you want to PM me your email I think I have a copy of everything that I sent. I went through CPA but am sure they are much the same.

hi grahmffc, you said you did your assessment on the basis of accontancy degree, was that bachelors in applied accounting from oxford brookes university?

actually one of my friend got the same bachelors degree and confused whether she will get positive result or not. thanks

Hi Conputerian, I had a degree in Accounting and Finance before I started ACCA, it was on the basis of this that I got my visa. Because I had this I never really looked into the Oxford Brookes option offered by ACCA. However if it is a Bachelor of Arts with honours and covers all the criteria required by the CPA/ICAA for a skills assessment then I see no reason why it wouldn't be accepted.

• 6 months later...

Can anyone tell me whether a BSc honours in applied accounting from oxford brookes university sufficient to be recognised as a relevant degree for candidates applying for immigration. I have the relevant experience and IELTs score. I am 30 years old.

Does anyone know who have succesfully used the degree to gain immigration in Australia.

Can anyone tell me whether a BSc honours in applied accounting from oxford brookes university sufficient to be recognised as a relevant degree for candidates applying for immigration. I have the relevant experience and IELTs score. I am 30 years old.

Does anyone know who have succesfully used the degree to gain immigration in Australia.

Depends on what components you studied ... that's why an academic transcript is needed from the Uni.

Have a look at the details here (scroll down to the Core Knowledge Areas):

http://www.charteredaccountants.com.au/The-Institute/Migration-assessment/Recognised-accounting-qualifications.aspx

Feel able to contact us in Southampton if you need any further assistance.

Best regards.

• 2 years later...

Hi Alnaibii!

I find all your comments very valuable. I am a fresh architect applying for the skilled visa. I needed help in writing the cover letter for the application ( to prove equivelance in the course material). Any advice ? sample? anything that could help?

Thank you in advance!

• 3 years later...
On 06/08/2013 at 11:40, grahamffc said:

On 21/10/2016 at 04:35, ayalamaa said:

Hi Alnaibii!

I find all your comments very valuable. I am a fresh architect applying for the skilled visa. I needed help in writing the cover letter for the application ( to prove equivelance in the course material). Any advice ? sample? anything that could help?

Thank you in advance!

On 06/08/2013 at 11:40, grahamffc said:

Hello, I really need some help with the Stage 1 Cover Letter of AACA, as the information available for the overseas qualification assessment is very limited

I would really appreciate it if you could provide a sample of same. Thanks.

On 06/08/2013 at 15:24, clairebear82 said:

Thanks Graham, that's really helpful

Its so confusing, was debating using an agent, but I thought this would all be pretty simple!! No idea why a membership certificate won't suffice, surely they deal with ACCA requests all the time so they know what it involves?!! Pretty ridiculous!

Sounds like I need to raid the dusty box of random old docs - knew I kept these mountains of paperwork for a reason! That would be great, thank you! Will pm my email address

I remember the optional papers well - I foolishly opted to take advanced financial management and advanced tax? Goodness knows what I was thinking! Never again!!

Hello, I really need some help with the Stage 1 Cover Letter of AACA, as the information available for the overseas qualification assessment is very limited

I would really appreciate it if you could provide a sample of same. Thanks.