Defacto Partner Statement??

CML1410

Hey there,

Just chatting to another person on her thread and she said her MA got her to do a partner statement. She has kindly given me some advice and information on what the statement has to include, etc but does anyone know when you have to submit this and to whom? Is it to DIAC at Visa stage? I'm not using a MA so just wanted to be ready with this in case it's needed early in the process??

Thanks all Carmel:unsure:

Agree with the above. If you read the partner migration booklet from the Aus immi website it explains all about this. Plus everything else you need to know about the process. Make sure you send in all the things requested on the check list when you submit apart from the police check and medical as these are done after you are assigned a CO and they send you a HAP number etc and tell you when to get them done. Don't do them before or submit with your application.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

You and your partner will need to write one each and it has to be submitted with the application. There are no hard and fast rules, just make sure its your own words and that if you are writing about events in your life together the dates and so on tally. The PDF lists what they are looking for in it. Some people write a page of bullet pointed info, others 3 pages of A4 typed, others 7 pages written by hand. Cover all the points they ask for.

We didn't write about all the same life events in ours. We don't share the same interests but I mentioned I went along and supported my hubby in his racing and cricket and so on. And he said, iirc, he enjoyed joining me in my activities sometimes. But it wasn't about us showing we lived in a bubble for each other only.

Hi Snifter

im just hijacking this thread....I just looked at that booklet but it doesnt seem to apply to 190 visa? I know I probably have to prove my BF and I have been together more than 12 months etc so do I just include a statement from both of us in my DIAC application?

thanks

Kez

Hi Snifter

im just hijacking this thread....I just looked at that booklet but it doesnt seem to apply to 190 visa? I know I probably have to prove my BF and I have been together more than 12 months etc so do I just include a statement from both of us in my DIAC application?

thanks

Kez

Here is the link and info you need for the 190

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-190/

Down the page a bit you'll see this. Have a read and see what applies to you.

[h=4]Include family members[/h]You can include the following family members in your visa application:

• your partner

• your or your partner's dependent child

• your or your partner's dependent relative.

These family members must meet certain requirements. See Including dependent family members in your application and proof of dependency for details.

Here is the link and info you need for the 190

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-190/

Down the page a bit you'll see this. Have a read and see what applies to you.

Include family members

You can include the following family members in your visa application:

• your partner

• your or your partner's dependent child

• your or your partner's dependent relative.

These family members must meet certain requirements. See Including dependent family members in your application and proof of dependency for details.

Thanks Snifter that's fab!!

Thanks for the information Wolvesaussie and Snifter - appreciate that.

Hey Kerry check out the thread called Skills Assessment Sorted, what happens next by RickandAnge she posted some great stuff for me on exactly what has to be included in the statement!!

Archived