457 visa how long

solomon

How long does it take for a 457 visa to be approved (British family), must I wait until employer (sponsor) has been approved before I apply? Grateful for any advice.

It takes about 2-3 weeks normally. It's relatively straight forward provided you have all the necessary documents. I'd advise you to start to get these in order to save yourself time. You'll need photocopies of passports, marriage certificates, birth certificates, education certificates (degree etc if you have one).

How long does it take for a 457 visa to be approved (British family), must I wait until employer (sponsor) has been approved before I apply? Grateful for any advice.

If you apply before the employer nomnation is approved you, and it is not approved, you will have your visa refused. It is better not to have a visa refusal your record.

• 3 weeks later...
If you apply before the employer nomnation is approved you, and it is not approved, you will have your visa refused. It is better not to have a visa refusal your record.

Thats not necessarily true. It depends on the employers previous exp of nomination. We did ours at the same time as our employer (who had done it before) and it was fine. The risk is that if nomination is not granted you loose your visa payment and get refused. All the best.

Mine has taken two weeks exactly. All documents were provided and verified. We did not have any criminal or health needs. All the best :)

wow that's quick...thanks!... that's really encouraging, mine was submitted on 11/8 and says today all medicals received and application being processed further - so here's hoping we'll hear any time soon. Life in Limbo eh!

Thats not necessarily true. It depends on the employers previous exp of nomination. We did ours at the same time as our employer (who had done it before) and it was fine. The risk is that if nomination is not granted you loose your visa payment and get refused. All the best.

How was the post you quoted not true? He said it the nomination is not approved then the visa application would, be refused, this seems true to me. It is also true that it is better not to have a visa refusal on record. Which bit did you think is not true?

Visas were approved yesterday, it took 2 weeks and 2 days. Best of luck to all of you out there. I did find that the system got updated apprx 24 hours after posting an enquiry to the contact department - might help those of you waiting a long time. Best of luck to you all and thanks for your helpful comments.

My 457 was applied for through an agent my company use for all applications, lots of paperwork to complete for the agent but it took 2 days for it to be issued, I was really surprised after being told it would take 2 - 4 weeks

Hi Solomon, we've been waiting for 9 weeks and we haven't been assigned a case officer yet, I'll use the contact department as you suggested but can you fill in a few gaps, what job will you be doing and where was your application processed ? Many thanks

We are being relocated though the company I work for, job is already sorted out, had an interview via video conference for the UK to Oz a few months ago. We will be located in Brisbane area. All the paperwork was completed by an Agency my company use, so not too sure what it entailed, sorry can't help more

Thanks Yam, we're going to Brisbane too and the job is sorted, in fact we've been sponsored there before by the same company so not sure why it's taking so long. I'll be working in the finance field, what type of job are you doing ? I'm wondering if they're prioritising by job role. Thanks again

Archived