489 Family Sponsored help....

Hi, our first visa was a 489 Family Sponsored and it was granted in approx 5 months, but this was partly due to us delaying the meds by a few weeks and also my meds being referred for 10 weeks, so it would have been a lot quicker.

My advice would be once you have applied, to upload everything and get your sponsor to provide as much paperwork as they can at the start. We were never asked for our sponsor to provide a Stat Dec, but ours did anyway before being asked to expedite things. This was pretty simple and did not cost anything. The sponsor will need to provide copies of utility bills, rates notice, passports, birth certificate, family tree and citizenship certificate.

Good Luck.

Going down the 489 Family Sponsored visa route myself (also WA). Handling IELTS for now.

Candygirl: could be the sponsor is only a permanent resident, so there would be no citizenship certificate there. Also, from the info in your signature, how come you got a 189 visa after getting a 489 visa? Did you apply for the 189 also?

Going down the 489 Family Sponsored visa route myself (also WA). Handling IELTS for now.

Candygirl: could be the sponsor is only a permanent resident, so there would be no citizenship certificate there. Also, from the info in your signature, how come you got a 189 visa after getting a 489 visa? Did you apply for the 189 also?

Yes the sponsor can be a permanent resident. Sorry should have said. They would need to send proof of this.

When we received the invite for the 489, no tradies were being granted 189's with only 60 points at that time.

Once we had the 489 we thought, apart from the visa fee, we had nothing to lose if we applied for the 189, so we decided to give it a go and luckily 8 days later we were granted a 189, which we are over the moon about.

Thanks for your reply Candygirl, thats great news! We are just waiting on results of the IELTs need a 8 in all bands (this is my 3rd attempt!) so fingers crossed I pass this time....

Thanks

Good Luck. OH had to sit IELTS twice to get a good score.

Keeping everything crossed for a good result for you.

Hi All,

I am hoping to apply for a 489 Family Sponsored visa for WA.

Just wondering if anyone has had a 489 Family Sponsored visa granted and if so what the processing time was?

Thanks!

Natalie

Note if you can get to 60 points without family sponsorship, it is far better to go without it.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your replies everyone...finally got the results needed Friday!

Submitted EOI yesterday (6th October) so just hoping we receive an invitation to apply soon, how long did you all wait to receive an invitation to apply after submitting your EOI?

Thanks Rupert but we can only get 60 points if we apply for the 489 visa...

:)

Hi

We waited about 3 weeks for our invite. I think it depends on when the invite rounds are, we had just missed one so had to wait for the next one. I think they are every 2 weeks. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi

We are just waiting for our Visas now... We submitted our application in May and had our meds done in July and police checks were submitted in August. These last couple of months have been so frustrating I'm very impatient..haha.

Fingers crossed you will get invited in this round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived