13 & 15 moving to perth sept/oct 2013

leeza24

If your child turned 13 before June 30th, then right now he/she will be in year 8 in high school. If he/she turned 13 after June 30th, then he/she will be in year 7 in primary school. Use the same formula for your 15 year old.

Government schools take their students from catchment areas and it is entirely up to the discretion of the school whether they can or wish to take a child outside of the catchment.

Edited by Sammy1

My only advice would be research research research . It's a horrible time for kids to move. I've known four families have to go back to the UK cos their teens haven't settled. School here can be just as bad for drugs, drink, pregancies etc if not worse.

My only advice would be research research research . It's a horrible time for kids to move. I've known four families have to go back to the UK cos their teens haven't settled. School here can be just as bad for drugs, drink, pregancies etc if not worse.

It is a tough time to move, however, it would be wrong to say that schools are worse here.

You actually said 'if not worse'. I just wanted to reassure the OP that there are some great schools here.

But that's why I said research research research cos there is plenty **** schools aswell as good ones . Tough luck if you don't dont do yyou research and end up with a bad school.

also paying for private doesnt always mean better.