Australian need skills expo

bruce 7

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lainey

hi Bruce, we applied for it a few months back and all we have had was a confirmation email saying they will evaluate the info and notify us if we pass or not to visit the expo, as of yet we havnt heard anything else from them but i was told from a friend who moved to oz 3 weeks ago that sometimes in situations like these they get in touch with you 2 weeks before the event, dont know if this is correct or not, but ur not alone in being left in the dark with it all, let me know if u hear anything and i will do the same...

lainey :)

Guest Nelson

Hi Bruce and Lainey.. I went to last year's expo and, quite frankly, I wasted my time and considerable amount of money, given that I was self-employed at the time and took two days off to attend.

I felt it was very 'profession' orientated rather than 'skills', if that makes sense.

Personally, I have found this website to be far more valuable. The only positive thing that came from my attending the Expo, was that I felt I was DOING something, rather than sitting around waiting for my visa!

If you have any specific questions, do ask and, if I can help, I will!

Guest lainey

hiya kirsta, thanks for the reply. We where hoping to get good results from the expo, i.e posible employment for we are wanting to emigrate but we fel we need to find work out there first and we thought this would be a good way to try and do it, otherwise, we have no idea about what to do when how or where etc, like many others i suppose. im not brave enough to leave and move and then look for work, we need that security before we go?? when we have tried to find employement in australia more often than not the vacancies can only be applied for if yu are in the country already, we are stuck as to which way to go about things. any help or ideas would be gratefully received.. :)

Archived