Tra successful - woohoo!!!

kaiser

Amazing!! Received a snail mail letter to inform me that my TRA has been successful. Absolutely buzzing!! Even more amazing is that from the date of acknowledgement to the date of confirmation was 1 day short of 4 weeks!! All that hard work of evidence gathering paid off. For any Painters & Decorators out there, I know there have been alot of questions on this forum about whether an NVQ 2 is equivalent to the AQF III. While interestingly I have both NVQ 2 & 3 and the letter confirms that they have assessed the level 2 as the equivalent. Now onto the EOI. :biggrin:

Congratulations, I was bang on 8 weeks. Managed to acquire an AQF III in Australia before leaving as I had no NVQ's. Relying on a private nomination now. If all else fails I'm sitting on 50/55 for an EOI without IELTS. Did you have to sit the IELTS to meet the pass mark if you don't mind me asking? Fellow painter.

Biggy, no don't have to do IELTS (thank goodness!!) as 60 with state nomination. Need to get that in quick though as there is some rumours that WA will be introducing increased English requirements with the crieteria changes in October for some or all occupations!! So hoping I get the invite on a quick turnaround so I can get the nomination application in before the deadline. Fingers Crossed!!

• 1 year later...

This is encouraging! So happy that somebody like me is progressing! I'm also a painter and decorator and want to try my luck in OZ with a family (I have 2 small kids). I was a self employed painter all my life. As I'm over 40 now, I need a good IELTS! Done now! And to prepare many testimonials from my customers ! I don't even know, where to start. Just putting all the steps down on the paper. Please wish us luck. I succeeded in the UK and only hope the same will happen in Australia.I don't know how to post PM. Would ask a thing or two:-) Cheers, Paul

Great news although I'm abit worried about our TRA now! Received our acknowledgment on 17th June but still no news for us yet! Oh is a plasterer we did the AQF III as well. I daren't chase as advised not to. Anyone else out there waiting for TRA?

Archived