Starting the process

maccakate

Starting the process and want to know what documents are needed for the skills assessment in the EOI (expression of interest). Myself and my partner are teachers and are applying for the 'skilled independent' visa.

cheers

macca

• 2 weeks later...

Also a teacher and I am in a very similar place to you. I am going to post my hello thread in a second!! :)

For my skills assessment I have already collated, university certificates, university transcripts (much easier than I thought it would be), references for the last 8 years of my teaching work. Basically letter headed paper confirming my employment and my responsibility etc. That's as far as I have got!!

Stay on touch as I guess we are going to be experiencing similar demands :)

I am a history teacher. Currently Assistant Headteacher in a secondary school in Reading. Keeps me busy. Will be aiming for Vice Principal or similar when the time comes. No easy task though. Got some work and networking to do before the time comes. Need to brush up on my legislation as well. I am pastorally experienced as well as academic modelling. So hoping I am transferable. My wife is a data manager. SIMs and PARS are her skill set.

You using a migration agent? Or going it alone?

I am head of year 11 so would hope to get something similar. I think it will be hard but I'm up for the challenge.

We're going it alone. Agents are expensive. My sister is in Perth and used an agent but once they had been through process, they said if they had to do it again, they would go it alone. The agent was particularly efficient either.

Did you get your head teacher to write a letter confirming your experience?

I only told her today I was going. Thought she was gonna go ballistic but we agreed a timeframe which is suitable for us. Luckily it was exactly the timeframe my wife and I have established. relief!!! I have asked her to be a reference for me.

I have asked my school manager/bursar/hr (called different things in different schools) to produce a document. It needs to be on headed paper and should basically confirm employment and roles and responsibilities during that timeframe. Had to speak to two schools as only just switched from one to another. Both were fine with it and have done them before.

You got degree certificates? Also had to order transcripts from the universities. You will need these if you don't already have them. £10 for transcript. Lost all certificates. This is why I need an agent. No organisation!!!!

Haha I still have to broach the subject with my head! He'll be fine hopefully. We're looking to move in 2 years fingers crossed so hopefully all will be ok. I've worked at same school for 14 years so will only need one letter. Our human resources woman will probably sort out letter as had a few internal promotions etc.

i have got degree cert so just need to email electronic copy to uni and they will certify for £5.00. They also emailed me a copy of all the modules etc i completed with grades etc. this is on headed paper and stamped already. what are the transcripts you need?

nah that's it I think. The module breakdown and marks are the transcript u need. I needed a history one and then another for my PGCE. sounds like you are good to go.

I was in exactly the same position in my last school. 8 years with 3 different roles. Left on good terms though so no bother ;)

I am 2-3 years. More likely 3 with a recce after 2. The biggest thing is finding a job. that's what it all hinges on and a lot of threads will tell you how difficult this is but keep trying :) that's my plan. Smart Teachers and Hays have been recommended by my Australian friend living in Sydney. May be of interest to you :)

Hi I'm also a teacher - year 3 and just applied for my SS from western Australia. Very nervous... Keep checking my email!!

Just thought it would be nice to compare notes if we're all teachers!!

Debbie

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi all,

So pleased I found this thread! I'm also a teacher and I've just joined PIO. Myself and my bf both teach primary and we are looking to move over on a short term basis (1- 2 years) me on a WHV and we were going to go for a 457 for him. Not sure we are going to get very far though as it sounds as though teaching jobs are few and far between! Are you guys all going for permanent residency? Very confused about all of the options!

Jo

Hi all can I join in? :biggrin:

Vandeux i know already (hi)

Me and my husband are both teachers too. Applying for permanent residency. Having to move quick cos I am 40 in march! (Dh already passed 40 so I am going to be the one making application). We won't be applying for jobs for a good while though as dh has had to have time off due to a back problem this year so need to get his attendance record straight. Probably start to apply in 18 months time. We will have until 2018 if we get visa stamped in the summer (assuming we get one that is!).

We have 2 small kids so I don't want to wait too long though as think it'll be easier for them if they are quite young.

Be great to have a few teachers to chat to on here and compare notes (sure vandeux is fed up of me by now :laugh: )

where is everyone thinking of living?

Hi kooky!

We've got 2 little girls one 5 year old and a 2 year old so that's why we're starting the process now too before they're settled in school etc

We're both 37 and my hubby co- owns a property development company so he's hoping to try and continue that in oz.

I have been teaching for 15 years and have been in both state and private schools. At the moment I teach year 3 in a private school.

We have applied for western Australia state sponsorship and haven't heard anything as yet... Very nerve wracking!!

Will update any news as it comes!!

Debbie

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Mrsr you sound similar to us family wise (couple of years younger which will help with your visa - we are literally racing against time!). We have 2 boys 5 & 3 (almost 4). Unfortunately though with my dhs back we have to wait to appl for jobs. I'd love to go as soon as visa comes through though to be honest (not sure i can deal with too many more uk winters!).

vandeux:jiggy:

• 2 weeks later...

For your visa skills assessment it is not necessary but will give an extra 5 points so if you need points it is worth it. But if you mean for the teaching it will be necessary if you want to teach there to register and have skills checked by the state you want to work in.

• 1 month later...

Archived