Has anyone used the ANZ bank/Emirates link for extra baggage allowance

Cubic

We're moving out on a 457 visa in September and I'm trying to find the best deal for getting a larger amount of luggage. This seems to be with ANZ who increase luggage allowance on Emirates to 45kg if you open an account with them before leaving the UK. However their website helpfully tells you to open an account before contacting them to see if you qualify for this. We already have a Nab account so don't need another except for the luggage allowance.

Does anyone know if this deal applies to those on a non activated 457 visa, and if it just applies to the primary applicant or also the spouse?

Guest isis1mcc

we did it last year when we came, opened a anz account and we got 50kg per person, 150kg for the 3 of us and my daughter was only 3 at the time. excellent deal as we only fly with emirates anyway.. we use the account and its fine.

I think most airlines will increase your baggage to 40kg just for emigrating, SP air did it for us in December. You need to call them 1st and ask about it.

No they don't. A number of airlines stopped doing it or changed their policy. Now you can often get cheap deals on an excess bag but not as many airlines offering a migrant baggage allowance.

Singapore airlines generally require a permanent unvalidated visa and a one way ticket for their 40kg migrant allowance. Emirates don't offer it as they have a 30kg standard allowance for cattle class anyways. You can get a migrant allowance if you book through IOM (needing visa granted) for Emirates and Malaysian and perhaps another airline. Flights are not cheaper generally, just the excess baggage via IOM with their migrant deal.

Thank you for all the responses. It sounds like a great deal from what you've said. There's me and my husband on a one way flight on a 457, so hopefully it still applies. Some of the things we bring will also be sports equipment, so it's good to know that that's ok.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks how do you go about getting the extra baggage for emirates through ANZ i had a bank acc with them when i was on a workin hol visa but now going back on husbands 457 so going to open a acc under my married name as i found them good before but how do i find out about this deal thanks Brenda x

• 8 months later...

Archived