Which Shipper to use?

JanetteCox

I have now had my 3 quotes and am trying to decide between Anglo Pacific and Pickfords.

I'm leaning more towards Anglo Pacific but there is quite a difference in the quotes, Pickfords being the cheaper of the two, but I have concerns regarding information I have been given about them going into administration.

If anyone has had experience with the two good or bad, please can you advise.

I havent heard anything about Pickfords going into administration and im around the forums every day. Back in 2008 they had some issues (see this thread for details -http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/29816-pickfords-gone-bust.html ) but i dont believe there have been any problems since then and quite a lot of our members have successfully used them.

Cal x

I havent heard anything about Pickfords going into administration and im around the forums every day. Back in 2008 they had some issues (see this thread for details -http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/29816-pickfords-gone-bust.html ) but i dont believe there have been any problems since then and quite a lot of our members have successfully used them.

Cal x

Thanks Cal

Hi Just arrived here from the UK and stuff delivered last Monday. We used Pickford's. I got 4 quotes before moving and Anglo Pacific were extortionate in comparison to Pickford's. Pickford's were the cheapest but they also were the most proactive. They packed our house in UK and unpacked here. Went Groupage which was also cool. I would highly recommend them - they all offer the same service so not sure what Anglo Pacific do extra and neither did they when I asked them! Good luck.

We used Pickfords and I thought they were great in Scotland. Our 40ft container arrived here last week with just two guys to unpack. They worked non stop bringing everything into the house (no banter- very serious guys) but didn't have time to unwrap everything and take away all packaging as they were supposed to. Also, as we weren't sure of which area we were going to settle, we had a quote for delivery outside The CBD. Thankfully we had the quote in writing as the price we were told at the Australian end was more than double. Eventually they did honour the original quote and all was well. We had a couple of minor breakages and a couple of things were binned at customs. We also had to pay to have our bikes, and a pair of sports shoes cleaned. They had already been cleaned but obviously not well enough. I would neither recommend Pickfords or warn against them. I would however advise that whoever you use, have everything in writing and know exactly what service you're supposed to be getting.

I used John Mason ... my belongings were delivered today ... I cannot unpack them until I have my bungalow is built so cannot say if anything was damaged ... but it was all well packed ... Keith Chapman came to my property in England ... a very pleasant and helpful gentleman ... all the ladies who emailed me in England and Australia were friendly and helpful ... the two young men who delivered my belongings today were cheerful and very helpful ... nothing was to much trouble ... all in all a good experience ... I would thoroughly recommend them .

Archived