Mystery Shopping in Perth

Incata

A mystery shopping company I work for is looking for extra shoppers in Perth. They are specifically looking for people who can mystery shop some surf shops before the weekend.

If anyone is interested please email holly@shopangelsglobal.com or holly@shopangels.com.au for more information.

They do mystery shops worldwide and I have found them to be very good in terms of assignments and paying when you have done them. You do need a paypal account to be paid (which is typically 30 - 40 days after you have done the shop).

You pretend to be a regular customer then report back to the people employing you on the service you received, the attitude of the staff etc. It's a quality control activity used to check how companies measure up in customer service.

Mystery shopping is where you go to a shop as a customer and without the staff knowing, you assess things like the service, whether they try and sell you additional products, whether they tell you about loyalty programmes, things like that. Sometimes you have to make a purchase (you are given a set limit and if you go over that you pay the rest yourself), plus you will get a shop fee. Sometimes you don't have to make a purchase, just quietly assess the staff. Other shops can include restaurants, hotels, making telephone calls to sales companies, or to call centres and again assessing the level of service provided.

You are asked to notice things such as tidiness of the store, whether the staff are neat, what their names are and if any products are on special offer.

Afterwards you have to fill in an online questionnaire about your experience, scan in any receipts and get it submitted within 8 hours of doing the shop.

It doesn't pay particularly well, but it is a little money and if you are going to a shop anyway, why not get paid for it?

In Australia when you sign up, you are either asked for an ABN number or to tick that you are just doing it as a hobby, rather than a career, and that way you don't have to provide an ABN number.

If you have an iPhone then the FieldAgent app is really good. It's along similar lines as mystery shopping, but you usually don't have to actually buy anything. It's only iPhone though!

I've been with them coming up 2 years now I think, first in the UK and now here. Jobs are really varied, anything from checking stock levels of a particular product in shops (usually something that's on promotion) to giving your opinion on something (most recently for me, the new beauty bar at woollies Town Hall in sydney), to buying a coffee and seeing whether they tried to upsell you a particular product and whether the coffee was served in the right promotional cup, lots of things. I know a couple of weekends ago they had LOADS of jobs in Melbourne going around property auctions on a particular Saturday and reporting back.

In the UK I earned several hundred quid- the most profitable jobs were reporting on the condition of and taking photos of advertising billboards at train stations, and checking pubs during the 6 nations to see whether they had all the right guinness merchandise up! So far here it's been around $80 in 3 months, but if you've the time and means of getting around you can earn more.

You usually have to answer a few questions via the app and upload a photo at the location of the job, but it's very straightforward. They have a detailed job description so you can assess whether you're happy to accept the job in the first place and then you usually have 2 hours in which to complete it. Jobs usually take 5 mins, Pay is around $5-15 depending on the task, how much interaction there will be and whether you need to buy something. So it's not mega bucks by any means but a nice little bonus if you're going to be in that particular shopping centre or whatever anyway.

So, it's worth a look- their Facebook group is usually quite good with details of current jobs available.

(Other than being an occasional 'agent' I don't have any connection with them btw! I'm just a happy user, my experience of the company so far has been top notch and the technology is great)

Archived