Microchips

Candygirl

Let the UK company you are registered with know your new address in Aus, most will have a reciprocal arrangement with a company you can register with, or be able to give you some names, our vet told us if UK company could not do this they would provide us a list of Aus companies we could register with

It's amazing to hear that some vets have said they don't know! We registered ours in Oz as soon as they were out of quarantine, through the vet (vetwest animal hospitals)and it was really straight forward.

We filled in the form as though they had been microchipped by the vet here. The vet wrote a note on it. They kept the same chip number that they'd had in the UK. They charged a $25 admin fee per pet and sent the form off to petsafe who registered them. (www.petsafe.com.au). Petsafe sent me a confirmation letter soon after. You can then change your address and phone number whenever necessary on-line.

Remember also to register them with the local council.

Guest The Pom Queen

Ok you go to the vet, tell them they need to get the CAR form (central animal records) and scan your furry ones, fill out the form with your new details they then send it off to CAR. I may still have my veterinary log in somewhere so if you have no luck give me a shout

Archived