HELP!! Disabled Child Migrants 457 visa

Sydney13

Medicals are harder for pr than for temp visas except for if you work with children or in a hospital. FACT!

I have had Medicals for temp visas (three different ones) and for pr. I never needed blood tests for the temp visas.

Me too.......I agree.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Exercising the health waiverIf a health waiver is exercised, your visa will be granted and you will be notified of this decision, and of the visa application decision, in a visa grant letter.

Note: A health waiver that is available for a subclass 457 visa may not be available for a permanent visa."

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/health-waivers.htm

Just want to say thanks to all who pointed me in the direction of George Lombard, looks good that he will be able to help as he has had 2 clients who have been successful with applications where there child has the same condition as my son.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I really feel for you. We have just come to Sydney a week ago after waiting 7 months for our visa for our middle son with DS, my husband came out in January unknowingly so we have been living apart all this time - our son is 9, in mainstream school, has no physical probs just developmental delay. My husbands company had to provide an undertaking of $102,000 plus we have had to put into place private healthcare and pay for 20 hours TA support in his school per week. We had to pay £500 for an independent psychologists report too. We get nothing here but luckily my husbands company are very supportive. I wish you luck but be prepared for a long wait.... I hope it has all been worth it for us, Australia is really a great place to bring up a family but they do not like any potential drain on their economy. Maybe the Brits should take a leaf out of their book! I hope you get the outcome you wish for...

Archived