190 worries on my partner won't be able to achieve 4.5 in eilts.

Dear veterans,

can I take some of your time on a gnawing question of mine? it is about my partner's English.

at the time of lodging, I have full confidence that he will surely pass the ielts. So i chose his English as "functional".

but now as he is too busy with work and didnt have any time to prepare for the test, so I started to have some doubt on his obtaining a score of 4.5 in ielts.

CO hasn't been assigned in our case. and now my worry is if he failed to get 4.5, will the CO hold me accountable for the false info that I have provided that my partner has "functional English" ?

Will it be taken as a lie and have some negative impact on our application?

please advise...I am so worried now:(

You should check what is needed regarding the English level, 4.5 is very low. Have a look at the skills select website. I submitted my English result when I made my EOI, thought we had to do that, mine is with state sponsorship so had to have 7 In all 4 tests. It might be different for you guys depending on the type of visa.

Forgot to say most visa holders need to have competent English which is 6 in all 4 tests in IELTS test, he may need to find the time for the test...but as said look on the skills select website, all the info is there.

Its an overall score of 4.5 for the secondary english requirement, the IELTS needs to be less than 12 months old. If your partner can not meet the 4.5 in the IELTS test you can pay the secondary application charge. It will not be seen as a lie if your OH has not been able to meet the IETLS requirement.

Try and get him to do a little bit of practice for the test, even working through the book to have idea of how test is laid out may help.

Its an overall score of 4.5 for the secondary english requirement, the IELTS needs to be less than 12 months old. If your partner can not meet the 4.5 in the IELTS test you can pay the secondary application charge. It will not be seen as a lie if your OH has not been able to meet the IETLS requirement.

Try and get him to do a little bit of practice for the test, even working through the book to have idea of how test is laid out may help.

thank you very much!

dies it mean that when CO asks for the evidence of my partner's English, I can inform him that we are happy to pay the extra 4 grands. and then he will give us a link for the payment?

Archived