advice please

nikkiandscott

And coincidentally I know people who live in Forbes and I've been there a few times. Both Forbes and Parkes (they're not far apart) are not too bad. They have the usual supermarkets and a few independent shops and (Forbes, anyway) had a decent cafe last time we were there. Forbes has loads of pubs for a place its size. For slightly better shopping both Dubbo and Orange are just over an hour away.

Forbes has a small hospital but is otherwise light on medical facilities. I remember our friends being worried that the only doctor in town was retiring a few years ago which meant that the hospital would be the only source of medical care. It's also very hot in summer.

I'm of the same opinion as Bob and Freckleface. If you want to live in a real community you'll be made very welcome by the people who live there. While it's not exactly outback Australia, it's not rural England either.

What kind of work will you be doing?What about housing?Renting?Accomo come with the job?I was reading other posts on this thread,and was going to mention hospitals/docs.I think I would want the security myself of both if I had young children.Thats just a personal thing though!For rentals go on realestate.com.au and put in the places you are thinking of moving to and you'll get an idea of what prices you'll be paying.Please also be aware that although each town might have a supermarket/s,if you live rurally you will pay more than someone living in a city suburb.I know,because I lived rurally myself.Petrol might also be more expensive and keep in mind,if you want to leave town,you will have to travel alot further.Please also read up on those 457 visa's Scott.There are strict rules and regs on those,and you need to know all the ins and outs and risks involved.If the job offer sounds too good to be true,it probably is.Check out if the towns have a public swimming pool as you will be a long long way from the beach and its nice to atleast have the pool option available as it can get incredibly hot in summer.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and ive not got a problem with that but if I ask a question no matter how stupid it sounds just a normal answer would be nice not a sarcastic one everyone at some point was new to things like this and I bet everyone had a silly question to ask

Many thanks

Scott

Hi Scott, I am new to this as well and its not nice when you ask what you think is an innocently worded question and your question gets ripped to shreds! Hopefully you got a bit of your question answered by some of the responses:biggrin: best wishes Carmel

Archived