Vetassess Processing Times

rickandange

Hi

We're just wondering if anyone knows what the current processing time is for Vetassess applications (the bit where they check your documentation prior to you having a practical test/interview)? We were told it was about 4 weeks by the agents, but just wondering if anyone else had recently heard from them, and how long it took?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi

I applied 24th march and got the result through 22nd April and then had to apply for a tech interview which I had on the 28th May and found out I was ssuccessful on the 4th June.

Hope this helps, I did ring them a few times to check progress and it always seemed to help.

Cheers

Cheers guys. The agents told us that it was around 4 weeks (other half is being assessed as a Welder), so your timeline looks promising CMF713. I was a bit skeptical and thought it might take more like 12 weeks like you said Kezzles, so that's quite encouraging thanks!

Cheers guys. The agents told us that it was around 4 weeks (other half is being assessed as a Welder), so your timeline looks promising CMF713. I was a bit skeptical and thought it might take more like 12 weeks like you said Kezzles, so that's quite encouraging thanks!

Fingers crossed you get it back in 4 weeks! My status has changed from processing to lodged?? What does yours say?

Thanks. i hope you hear back soon about yours too!!

I don't know what the status is as the agents we're using haven't told us the details. Rick got an email at the end of last week to say that they had received his postal application and supporting evidence, but we haven't checked up on it since then. I think I'd drive myself potty checking it, so it might be best for me not to know!

Thanks. i hope you hear back soon about yours too!!

I don't know what the status is as the agents we're using haven't told us the details. Rick got an email at the end of last week to say that they had received his postal application and supporting evidence, but we haven't checked up on it since then. I think I'd drive myself potty checking it, so it might be best for me not to know!

i know I'm like a woman possessed!!

Well they must be quiet over at Vetassess HQ as our agents called this morning to tell us that our application was successful and we can now arrange for a technical interview or practical. We only posted the supporting documentation on 12th June so it hasn't taken them long to process at all! Fingers crossed it will be quick for you too Kezzles!

Well they must be quiet over at Vetassess HQ as our agents called this morning to tell us that our application was successful and we can now arrange for a technical interview or practical. We only posted the supporting documentation on 12th June so it hasn't taken them long to process at all! Fingers crossed it will be quick for you too Kezzles!

Wow well done!!!

my status has changed again to in progress!! Yikes fingers crossed!!

best of luck with the practical!

Thanks. Just found out that the outcome was Level 2 'proceed with caution', which I guess is due to the fact that Rick doesn't have a formal qualification in welding (just over 10 years on the job). I wonder if this means that he will get more of a grilling in the technical interview, as that's the route we've decided to go down.

Thanks. Just found out that the outcome was Level 2 'proceed with caution', which I guess is due to the fact that Rick doesn't have a formal qualification in welding (just over 10 years on the job). I wonder if this means that he will get more of a grilling in the technical interview, as that's the route we've decided to go down.

I know someone who got in as plumber no formal qualifications in plumbing just experience, he passed the practical ok, I'm sure he will be fine!

I know someone who got in as plumber no formal qualifications in plumbing just experience, he passed the practical ok, I'm sure he will be fine!

Thanks. He knows is stuff, and we've been looking at the skills checklist for his occupation to make sure we have examples to talk about for each, so fingers crossed he'll do great. It gets more and more scary the further in you get doesn't it ha ha!

• 3 weeks later...
My daughter has been waiting 13 weeks - she called today and they said it has gone through assessment (the hard part) and she should hear at the end of the week - or the begining of next.

Good luck!

Im in my 7th week now still says in progress!

My daughter has been waiting 13 weeks - she called today and they said it has gone through assessment (the hard part) and she should hear at the end of the week - or the begining of next.

It doesn't make sense how there can be such a difference with the times does it. I know people have said that applications for trades tend to go through quicker, and I wonder if applications via agents go through quicker too because they're more knowledgeable about the types of evidence that need to be submitted.

We had the technical interview yesterday, so just waiting on the results for that. It ended up being an hour and a half long telephone conversion via Skype using the PC for PowerPoint type slides with questions and diagrams etc. Rick was incredibly nervous beforehand (het went a funny shade of grey and I thought he was going to do a runner at one point), but afterwards he seemed quite pleased with himself and said the feedback he got from our agent who had to sit in on the interview was good. Fingers crossed he passed and then we can get the EOI submitted.

How are you getting on with your application Kezzles?

It doesn't make sense how there can be such a difference with the times does it. I know people have said that applications for trades tend to go through quicker, and I wonder if applications via agents go through quicker too because they're more knowledgeable about the types of evidence that need to be submitted.

We had the technical interview yesterday, so just waiting on the results for that. It ended up being an hour and a half long telephone conversion via Skype using the PC for PowerPoint type slides with questions and diagrams etc. Rick was incredibly nervous beforehand (het went a funny shade of grey and I thought he was going to do a runner at one point), but afterwards he seemed quite pleased with himself and said the feedback he got from our agent who had to sit in on the interview was good. Fingers crossed he passed and then we can get the EOI submitted.

How are you getting on with your application Kezzles?

She was told that they had everything they needed and it all looked fine - that was 13 weeks ago - not sure what it is they are doing if everything is fine.

Maybe they just hang onto it and release at the given time!!

Who knows, but the suspense is killing us as we are already in Oz and are desperate for her to be here with us (not to mention our three grandchildren!)

You'll do great. Rick's big tip was not to apply your own knowledge of a topic and base your answers (particularly in the reading) on the information in the articles. He said in practice papers he skimmed through and filled the gaps with his own knowledge and this was wrong. He found the reading the hardest for this reason, and said that the listening, writing and speaking are relatively easy. I think in the writing if you can chuck in some different punctuation marks and remember the correct 'Yours Sincerely' type stuff and letter structure etc then you're fine. Speaking is nothing to worry about apparently. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

You'll do great. Rick's big tip was not to apply your own knowledge of a topic and base your answers (particularly in the reading) on the information in the articles. He said in practice papers he skimmed through and filled the gaps with his own knowledge and this was wrong. He found the reading the hardest for this reason, and said that the listening, writing and speaking are relatively easy. I think in the writing if you can chuck in some different punctuation marks and remember the correct 'Yours Sincerely' type stuff and letter structure etc then you're fine. Speaking is nothing to worry about apparently. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

I'm at 10 weeks since they received my documents and still waiting, the suspense is killing me now. How much revision was required for the ielts? This is now starting to play on my mind, in theory it should be quite simple but it seems not.

Hi Emma. Hopefully you will hear something about your application soon hey!

Rick wasn't overly confident with his reading and writing prior to the exam (he hasn't sat an exam or done much 'proper' reading or writing since school), so he spent at least three hours a week I'd say going through example questions. For the writing in particular it helped for us to mark it together afterwards so we could iron out any mistakes. I'd say that if you do a bit of reading already, and you do a job that keeps you up to speed composing emails and typing then I wouldn't worry too much. There is definitely a knack for answering the questions 'the IELTS way', and you can only get your head around this by doing practice papers etc. Hope this helps!

Archived