Urgent: Student Visa for one subject after TR

Ebrahimmk

Hi ,

I am Ebrahim, I am living in Brisbane for 4 years now. I was on student visa till dec 2010. I have done masters in commerce banking and finance. I cannot apply for PR with this course. But the positive side is that if i complete one subject ( corporate accounting) from uni. I can apply for PR with a positive degree assessment. However my visa expires this november and if i start my course i will not be able to complete before my visa expiry and will not be able to apply for PR. So my question is can i apply for student visa for one subject only for 6 months?

Going on a student visa after TR and that to for only 1 subject is not a good idea. Get a COE for the complete degree and then apply for the full course. With only 1 subject visa officer will take you as a non genuine student. Best is to talk to immigration agent there are many in Brisbane get an accurate advise. For your help there is one called AMVL (Australian Migratino Visa Lawyers) they do handle student visa.

Cheers

Thank you for your replies... Really appreciate your advice. I went to an immigration agent ( Migration GURU) and they told me it is not possible to get a student visa for one subject. But I can get a student visa for the whole program .However this is not feasible for me monetarily I check with Griffith university and i can do the one subject and can complete it before my visa expires.

So now I am planning to do this subject ( corporate accounting) go back to india in nov and apply for PR thru EOI and when it gets approved I can come back to aus

Do you this it is a feasible plan? or should I arrange funds and opt for a whole course to get a student visa?

Thank you for your replies... Really appreciate your advice. I went to an immigration agent ( Migration GURU) and they told me it is not possible to get a student visa for one subject. But I can get a student visa for the whole program .However this is not feasible for me monetarily I check with Griffith university and i can do the one subject and can complete it before my visa expires.

So now I am planning to do this subject ( corporate accounting) go back to india in nov and apply for PR thru EOI and when it gets approved I can come back to aus

Do you this it is a feasible plan? or should I arrange funds and opt for a whole course to get a student visa?

Your current plan of leaving sounds like your best option.

Your current plan of leaving sounds like your best option.

thank you for your reply

I have another question.. Can I apply for a course starting in Feb 2014.. get the COE now and apply for student visa before me TR ends in nov2013 so as the get a bridging visa for that student visa?

Archived