820 to 801 partner visa what happens next?

forza

Hey all..

I was wondering if anyone can help me. Im originally from the uk, I lodged my partner visa (subclass 820) in November 2012 and it was granted in April 2013 in the melbourne office. I know I need to wait 2 years before its reviewed again, but what happens will I be sent forms from DIAC before November 2014... Then how long will it actually take for them to grant me permanent residency? We are planning on starting a family around march next year but I want to make sure I have PR when the baby is born.

Forza xx

Would need to confirm with the wife, but this is what I *think* we went through.

She got Temp Res granted, took 12 months to move, arrived in Aus (and validated) and then 12 months later we applied for PR. 5 months later I got a phone call to confirm a few things (I'm a dual national and had been in and out on both passports) they then granted PR the next day. Few details through the post/email I think to confirm.

Now we wait till Citizenship is available and if she wants to take the test.

Ahhh fantastic.. So you didn't have to wait the 2 years in the end? Do we still need to submit all our evidence again? We have still been collecting joint things like bills/ lease agreements still just incase. Thanks for your reply :)

Ahhh fantastic.. So you didn't have to wait the 2 years in the end? Do we still need to submit all our evidence again? We have still been collecting joint things like bills/ lease agreements still just incase. Thanks for your reply :)

Tweaked my reply slightly with a few more dates.

We didn't need anything more. We were both in Aus (so no new police stuff).

Guest GeorgeD

You are eligible for the second stage 2 years after you APPLIED. Not when your visa was granted. So yes, around November 2014. DIAC will send you a form about 2-3 months prior to this...hence the reason you need to keep them up to date with your address. You submit this and your PR can take anywhere between a couple of weeks and 10 months. I was told 10 months when I applied for my 100 PR (same process though), but it was granted in 5.5 months. Every now and again, you see somoene who has been approved their second stage in a couple of weeks. There really is no way of predicting it, so make plans based on the longest timescale.

You will need to provide evidence of your ongoing relationship at the second stage - covering financial, social and community engagement. You will need new police checks and you will need statements from two people who know you both and vouch for your relationship. You will also need to reprise all the ID documents.

Hey all..

I was wondering if anyone can help me. Im originally from the uk, I lodged my partner visa (subclass 820) in November 2012 and it was granted in April 2013 in the melbourne office. I know I need to wait 2 years before its reviewed again, but what happens will I be sent forms from DIAC before November 2014... Then how long will it actually take for them to grant me permanent residency? We are planning on starting a family around march next year but I want to make sure I have PR when the baby is born.

Forza xx

i entered Australia on a subclass 820. After being granted temporary residency for 2 years, which allowed me to work, we then submitted our application for permanent residency, which was not too dissimilar from the original application. After the interview and the testing it was confirmed within writing within a matter of weeks. Total process from original application to granting of PR was around two and a half years. Good luck with your application

Archived