Final holiday before the big move

cki2011

We got our PR visa and had every intention to just go to Perth ASAP but then decided to go on a validation trip as we wanted to visit beautiful Cyprus one more time before the big move....

We are here now and it is 38 in beautiful sunshine and we are glad we did....

just wondering did anyone else have a last holiday before the move and where did you go....

We are not planning anything.

Our thing is that we have compiled a bucket list, as a family and individuals and are trying to achieve at least 2/3rds of the things on our lists. So far so good.

Had a long weekend in London, did the museums, saw Walking With Dinosaurs and more as a family. Visiting castles, places and more.

Hubby and I are seeing Springsteen live in July, he is doing some epic bike rides and I am hoping to do a 100km one also.

That sort of stuff is proving fine for us and our list is getting shorter :)

It sounds like you don`t expect to be able to go anywhere once you`re in Perth :wink:. I`ve read recently about people taking a holiday in Australia after arrival but before they started working , I am trying to convince husband to do it :biggrin: ( thinking about a month, not a year-long, round-Australia trip). It took us almost a whole year when we moved to the US before we were able to take a longer break and go for vacations - settling in jobs, rental/purchase of property etc.

So far this year, we have been to Scotland, Devon, Bournemouth, wye valley/Hereford, Jersey, Venice and in July we are having 10 days in St Tropez with 34 friends, and finally a weekend in Dortmund, Germany for the Christmas markets. We are squeezing in as much as we can before we leave.

When we book our one way trip we are hoping to fly via America and have a one week road trip (funds permitting) before we arrive in Sydney. :cool: Hope you are enjoying Cyprus, I have been meaning to go there for years but never got around to it, I don't think I will now as time is too short.

metoo x

After quitting work we had a month off to get packed and sort stuff out, and we had a last few trips away. We went to Berlin (which had been booked before all this Aus stuff even began!), Liverpool, Manchester (to see Glen Campbell on his last ever tour, Glasgow show was after we left!), Nottingham, Huddersfield and Newcastle with a stop at Edinburgh Zoo on the way home. Good times revisiting a few favourite places, tho Huddersfield is no favourite - that was to see my family!

Disneyland Paris next week :biggrin:

The plan was to do Florida in 2014 with the whole family (about 30 of us), but that has possibly been put on hold now we are moving to Oz. So Paris was the compromise. Think I'm more excited than the kids.

Archived