Car rental companies - Brisbane

TurnersInOz

Hi there.

I'm looking to rent a car for a week or so when we arrive in Brisbane next month. Does anyone have any advice please on some good, inexpensive, car rental companies. The car will need to be quite large, as there's five of us, including 3 large suitcases and a pushchair! so any advise on a car that can squeeze us and our worldly possessions into would be very much appreciated. thanks in advance :)

Guest Guest16631

......this may help.....http://www.drivenow.com.au/car-hire/brisbane.jspc

......good luck and safe journey........tink x

Having done much research on this subject I can highly recommend Apex Car Rentals (Nudgee Road). They work out a fair bit cheaper than the others (I think because their cars are a year or two old) and the website is upfront with all the different rates. The problem you will find with all the big companies like Hertz etc is they don't tell you that the rate they quote on the page means that your excess is over $3000 and if you want to reduce it you pay almost double when you get to the counter to pick it up.

My parents used Apex when they came over recently and it was great and also included Sat Nav in the price which is normally another add on.

Wish we had known about them when we came over as we had a bad experience with the big name company we used.

Archived