Can any nurse offer help for statement supporting selection criteria?

carol

Hi

I am looking for help writing my statement for job applications.

Are they looking for the information to be laid out in a certain way- headings for each essential criteria? How much information do they look for?

I will be applying for jobs that would be experience equivalent of 8a or 7.

Any help would be appreciated

Carol

Hi Carol,

In addition to your CV do the selection criteria - do each heading and write a couple of paragraphs for each giving examples of things you've done, the outcome etc. Of course things such as eligibility for registration - you would just do a couple of lines e.g. that you have applied and are waiting, that you have your letter of eligibility, or that you are registered and your reg number.

Thanks Ali

i wasn't sure if I had to write war and peace or short answers.

Currently sitting trying to write a cv - it's not the easiest thing to do!!!

im a bit freaked out about work- doesn't seem to be many non clinical jobs for nurses at the moment- hopefully it will change!!

Thanks again

Carol

Guest Guest26012
Thanks Ali

im a bit freaked out about work- doesn't seem to be many non clinical jobs for nurses at the moment- hopefully it will change!!

Thanks again

Carol

hi, by non clinical, what do you mean?

Hello

i mean management (service or project) or public health or education- in a nut shell no 'hands on'

quite a few of the management jobs I have seen are mental health and I have no mental health experience.

Cx

Thanks Ali

Thanks again

Carol

You'll find that you write more for certain criteria than for others - e.g. legislation you'd include a few of the acts and say how they relate to your work.

Hello

i mean management (service or project) or public health or education- in a nut shell no 'hands on'

quite a few of the management jobs I have seen are mental health and I have no mental health experience.

Cx

i have figured out, even if you dont fill all the criteria, transfer your skills to that particular question, or elaborate on the mental health clients you have worked with.

Guest Guest26012
Hello

Cx

In my experience here, uk nurses come onto the ward in clinical roles, we had a uk matron that spent 12 months on the ward and then worked her way up the ladder to a ward manager. A lot of management roles in the hospital I work in go internally as they are not short of applicants. Maybe try for a nursing job and go from there?

Thanks W&W

i have no clue about mental health legislation so wouldn't be comfortable in that area -especially at senior level. I am hopeful that something will come up!!

i get ya, lots of Generation Y getting management jobs who have none/ little experience, I'm not comfortable either to apply for more senior roles as don't think I know enough, but see so many people gets jobs that they shouldn't be in...just apply, all they can do is say no!

Thanks for the info MC

i couldn't face clinical work so if I am unsuccessful I'd really need to reevaluate my career!

My last clinical job was 7 years ago in health visiting and even then that's a big step back from hands on acute.

What hospital are you in? How are you finding Aus work?

Cx

In my experience here, uk nurses come onto the ward in clinical roles, we had a uk matron that spent 12 months on the ward and then worked her way up the ladder to a ward manager. A lot of management roles in the hospital I work in go internally as they are not short of applicants. Maybe try for a nursing job and go from there?

Archived