Not meeting the CO's 28 day request for info....

Red Rose

Could this be grounds for the visa (190 in my case) being refused?

My police certificate check is taking longer than I wanted to sort out for various reasons (cheque book hasn't arrived yet and as I recently moved to new accommodation where I don't pay bills it has taken a while to get requisite ID to confirm its my current address) but I expect to be in a position to upload all info by 2-3 days after the 28 day period. Could this be a problem?

Could this be grounds for the visa (190 in my case) being refused?

My police certificate check is taking longer than I wanted to sort out for various reasons (cheque book hasn't arrived yet and as I recently moved to new accommodation where I don't pay bills it has taken a while to get requisite ID to confirm its my current address) but I expect to be in a position to upload all info by 2-3 days after the 28 day period. Could this be a problem?

Hi Red Rose, this should not be a problem , if you can clarify to your CO that you have requested these for example can you give them payment proof for these checks? if you can do this then im sure it would be fine this was according to my agent, or what you can do as we did was call acpo and pay an additional £35 per check to have these fast tracked, i done this on the thursday morning and we had them in our post on the friday .

Thanks Agibb83, yes I could pay £80 instead of £45 I guess - I guess the £35 is worth the peace of mind

I posted mine on Friday & it arrived on Wednesday & we went for the quicker service, well worth it for peace of mind

You need to inform your CO that the police certificate is taking longer. As long as they know it won't be a problem, get receipt from posting it and can upload to prove you have applied for it. If you don't tell them I have seen people's applications denied for not producing the documents in the time stated if haven't kept co informed.

You need to inform your CO that the police certificate is taking longer. As long as they know it won't be a problem, get receipt from posting it and can upload to prove you have applied for it. If you don't tell them I have seen people's applications denied for not producing the documents in the time stated if haven't kept co informed.

Thanks v much for clarifying

Archived