Inital Entry Date

samlee1985

Hi Guys,

Me and the Mrs have got ourselves caught between a rock and a hard place! We have had our medicals requested by our case officer and booked them for tomorrow. The problem is we are not planning to move until the first week of June 2014. I have done a search and some posts say Initial entry is 12 months from meds & PCCs (whichever is earlier). On this train of thought we would have until 14/06/14 to enter the country – which is fine. HOWEVER I have seen some threats that don’t mention the full date and indicated just the month e.g. “Must enter before June 14”. Which would obviously mean we would have to leave in May 14.

The obvious thing would be to wait till July to do our medicals but

1) We are on holiday from 1st – 14th by which time the 28 days will be over

2) The booking tomorrow is too late to cancel with less than 48 hrs notice

Can anyone shed any light? My Mrs’s placement doesn’t finish until 30th May and we would rather not cut it short by a week.

Sam

Ours def done by date as stated on grant letter and on visa sticker in our passports as well as been etched on my brain!!!

Good luck!

Mr K x

Hi Ours was granted with the date as well. You mention the visa sticker. How did you get that as I got told that the visa is electronic and just entering the country will be enough?

Cheers

Kev

Hi It is done by date, we had our meds at the end of may and my daughter was graded a B so we thought we were in for a long wait because they would have been reffered, but this suited us as my wifes sister is getting married back here in scotland on the 17th may 2014, however 2 1/2 weeks later we recieved our visa grant letter and entry in to oz is by 15TH MAY 2014 aaaggghhhh so were gonna head over in aug to validate then return back for the wedding, not ideal but this has to be done ......

Archived