Fx brokers

bensym

Does anyone use an fx broker other than Moneycorp? I'd like to investigate a few quotes going forward when I need to transfer.

We used Travelex and will again in the future. Everything done online and they had better rates than we could get elsewhere...... I believe that they can have slightly better rates because they don't actually move money about. They are so big Travelex in the UK takes your pounds and Travelex in Oz give you dollars they already have so no banking involved. I could have that wrong and I am sure someone more money minded than me will explain it better but I would say they are worth a look.

Guest GeorgeD

I used HiFX.

Open accounts with aat least two and then see who gives you the most money at the exact time you want to do your exchange. You will need accounts open first...just like a bank account...so they need to check your ID and address, etc, so open in advance prior to carrying out a transaction.

I researched when I emigrated and found Ozforex to give the best rates (by far), i've just stuck with them now as there system is easy to use and as my income still comes from the UK so I need to transfer every month. I checked today and I was offered AUS$1.655 to the pound and no other fees.

NWM

I researched when I emigrated and found Ozforex to give the best rates (by far), i've just stuck with them now as there system is easy to use and as my income still comes from the UK so I need to transfer every month. I checked today and I was offered AUS$1.655 to the pound

NWM

I second Ozforex (http://www.ukforex.co.uk for transferring from UK) It consistently beats HiFx and other Fx brokers that I have tested out.

Extremely easy to book trades!

I've used a few different ones, Tor FX is one that no-one has yet mentioned who are also good. Sometimes it's worth contacting a few and haggling as it's a super competitive market. It doesn't always work mind...

Thanks for tips everyone. I will check them out. Yes I want a few accounts as I'm sending some GBP over every month. Moneycorp were quoting me 4c under the market on Friday which was taking the p*ss in my view.

Archived