UK passport confusion once in Oz!!!!

Redski26

I am posting on behalf of a friend who has 2 kids and been in Brisbane for 3 years. She is in process of applying for renewal of passports for kids but has just discovered on receiving one of them back that transfer of visa has not been put in new passport? Can anyone help with this? When renewing passports why is visa not transferred into new one? Or is there something she needs to do to have it put in again? Her and her children have PR, Cheers :-)

Why would the UK embassy issue an Australian visa? It's quite easy to fix, she just needs to take both old and new passport to a DIAC office and they'll put a new label in the new passport.

It's ok as it's all electronic now anyway. I did take mine in to immigration though, I like to see the hard copy in our passports. There is a small charge now though I believe for them to put in your passport.

No it is not ok.

Whilst visas are held electronically, the Australian authorities have not been notified of the change of passport. The OP needs to advise them so that the visa can be transferred over, be that electronically or physically.

Archived