Childcare

charlie67

hiya we live in england and have been talking seriously about wanting to move to australia as a family, but we are having trouble as my husbands job is not on the Skilled list although he has done some of the jobs with out a recognised qualification this will not get us there will it.

he is currently a hgv driver !

i am a home based childminder and i was looking for the qualifications i need to beable to emergrate out there any help would be greatly recived

charlie

thank you that is what i am looking to do but i am unsure what the qualifications in england are equal to in oz eg childcare level 3 diploma over here would get you a job in nurseries ect

is there a website that shows a list of qualifications and what they equal to ect

Hi charlie67

'childminding' or family daycare as it is called may not be seen as a skilled profession and will not be found on any of the skills lists for a visa but the qualifications required in the UK and in Australia are the same as for a any child are worker.

Minimum qualification for an educator (childcare assistant) and family day care educator in Australia is a certificate 3.

NVQ3 is equivalent to a 'qualified' or diploma trained educator- there are always jobs around for diploma trained staff but I don't think you would get sponsored or get a skilled visa as one.

However I was talking to someone in rural Victoria who is seriously considering sponsoring diploma educators for their centre because it can be very difficult to find good qualified staff in the rural areas.

it looks like your qualification is equivalent to NVQ3 in child care and early years?

I got a skilled visa 'Childcare coordinator' with NVQ3 and a lot of different experience including one that was considered to be a management position.

you need to look at the skills in demand lists and see if there is anything you can match your skills to or aim for. I am have no knowledge of what is on there now, things have changed since I applied for my visa.

i know that there is still a demand for Early years teachers and for that you would need a four year degree ( or equivalent) which must have Early years modules.

Check out these web sites and think about speaking to an agent for further advice.

http://acecqa.gov.au/home/ you will find information about having qualifications assessed as equivelent here - my NVQ3 in childcare and education was deemed equivent to a 'qualified childcare worker' in 2008 but there have been a lot of changes so best to check out this web site which should give you the most up to date information.

Also http://www.education.vic.gov.au/chil...s/default.aspx

and

http://www.familydaycare.com.au

and good luck:wubclub:

Last time I checked, to be counted as a child care coordinator you had to have either a degree OR have run a child care centre with at least 20 children for five years. This was a couple of years ago, but it won't have changed very much. Tra are the assessing body, and they were very helpful when I have needed to contact them.

Hgv drivers are not on the skilled lists either I'm afraid.

Retraining for your husband, or extra training for you looks like it is going to be your only option.

Archived