190 Visa Advice Needed - Not in Home Country

Hi,

I am going to start the process for 190 Visa from July 2013 onwards. The process will be initiated by getting my skills assessed and applying for SS and on. My concern is that can I apply and manage the whole visa process while being in a country other than my homeland? How will that affect my visa process / document certification and everything else?

Appreciate your advice!

Amber

hi amber, as far as im aware it just says you can be in or outside of australia it doesnt mention that you need to be in your home country? maybe ask a visa agent? Im going through th 190 process as we speak, my Vetasses is in and IELT results come back friday hoping to do EOI in 4-6 weeks! good luck x

Hi Amber,

I also did my 190 visa while living in a different country than my homeland. However, I have lived here all my life, so it was easy for me to arrange for all documents required - educational, work-related etc.

It doesn't really effect your process. Your documents can be certified in the country where you're residing, regardless of your country of origin. Just make sure that you have all required documents when you start the process, or you can arrange it easily.

All the best!

Thanks for replying, deeacz. Yeah I saw that on the DIAC website too. Trying to contact DIAC as well but was hoping if someone on the forum can shed light. Maybe someone in the same situation?

Good luck with your visa process :)

Amber

Thanks so much, SM Aztec. Great to hear that you were able to do so. My situation is that I will be on work visa in Doha, Qatar (not my home country) at the time of starting my visa process. And will be here only for the last few months. Do you think there will be problem getting security clearance and other documents as I'd have lived there for only there for only few months?

You're welcome AmberPK. I don't think it will be an issue. The only security clearance you would need (I guess) would be police clearance. The CO will ask for that as one of the last things. You might be out of Doha by that time. Plus, PCC is only required for countries where you have stayed for a year or longer. So I guess you can go ahead and start our application.

Hi AmberPK

I am in pretty much same situation, living in Doha from last 03 years. Applying for skilled visa and starting the process in august.

Well i have question, in Doha there are no notaries to certify the true copy. DIAC states that you have to certify documents in your current location, means we cannot get them certified from Pakistan, wondering what will be the solution for this? As it is difficult to get your doc`s certified in Doha.

Please inform me if you find some one...thanks

Hi osfarooq,

In my opinion the Australian Embassy in Qatar or the Pakistan Embassy in Qatar would be the best people to reach for this problem. You can also contact DIAC through Australian Embassy and see what they have to say? I'll also look into this and will let you know if I find someone. Good luck with your process!

Amber