Trouble finding perm nursing contract...

THE HULLS

Hi Fellow nurses, i,m a nurse from Ireland(UK Trained), and have been in perth now 11 weeks..Peel region Mandurah.

And i have secured a job in the local hospital in HITH Team but just on a casual contract...

I,ve also joined an agency but i,m not getting much work here ...

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced the diffulty in getting work even though nursing is one of the skills Australia wants/ needs...

Thank you..:biggrin:

Hi Fellow nurses, i,m a nurse from Ireland(UK Trained), and have been in perth now 11 weeks..Peel region Mandurah.

And i have secured a job in the local hospital in HITH Team but just on a casual contract...

I,ve also joined an agency but i,m not getting much work here ...

Just wondering if anybody else has experienced the diffulty in getting work even though nursing is one of the skills Australia wants/ needs...

Thank you..:biggrin:

Hi I'm a nurse in Victoria. There has been a bit of a drought on with nursing recruitment and a lot of work is casual and then they offer full time from there WA is a hotspot for nurses and well paid so I'm sure something will come up for you. Good luck :biggrin:

Hi I'm a nurse in Victoria. There has been a bit of a drought on with nursing recruitment and a lot of work is casual and then they offer full time from there WA is a hotspot for nurses and well paid so I'm sure something will come up for you. Good luck :biggrin:

hiya, yes I,m hoping for a perm post or even 3-4days.. But like you say I,m just here.. Just not used to not working every day... I worked 30hrs in the uk so hoping something will come up.. X

Guest genorm

It is caused by budget cuts. Perth went from the "Place to be" for nurses at the end of April to being a "No Go" by mid May.

Still plenty of work in NSW, but most current vacancies elsewhere are for Midwives (both RM/RN and RM) and Operating Theatre.

Aged Care is another area where there is a shortage - especially in Canberra.

Well over budget at the moment and aren't recruiting .. happens most years - hopefully it will get better. Have you been on line and registered your interest for Fiona Stanley?

hi Ali, I,m kinda restricted as to what I can work... As hubby away early and home late most nights... Have a girl of 5 so I take and collect her from school.. I,ll be fine.. Just not used to sitting about thou I,ve made plenty of friends and hardly in.. Lol..

Guest JK2510

Have you checked out seek? They tend to have vacancies....have you checked working in the community? Perhaps a little more flexible with hours.

Finding this a little worrying. I am a nurse with 4 years experience. Me and my Husband are hoping to move to Brisbane in Oct/November this year, yet I keep seeing posts stating that Queenslands job prospects aren't great.

However the glimmer of hope is that the job market fluctuates, hopefully later in the year more jobs will be needed again.

I am thinking perhaps a coastal NSW town might be more hopeful for job prospects.

We'll all have to keep our eyes on the job vacancies over the next few months, and see what happens.

Have you checked out seek? They tend to have vacancies....have you checked working in the community? Perhaps a little more flexible with hours.

Thanks for all your replies guys... Yes ave applied for jobs on seek.. Most are part time hours so would suit if I get one... Have a good day and hope your enjoying the sun...

Guest genorm

Oncology RGNs wanted in Sydney and Perth. Midwives in Sydney, and Dual RM/RN from Darwin to Tasmania.

Guest Guest26012

I think when you are employed on a casual basis then once the wards get to know you, you will be in with a chance for a perm position. Good luck!

Archived