You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Jenna123

Gold Coast school reccomendations? Robina or varsity?

Hello poms! :biggrin:

we're moving around the mudgeeraba/robina area and looking for a good high school for our 13 year old girl. We can go to either Varsity College or Robina High. We'd like her to go to Varsity but we're out of catchment (mudgeeraba) and there is no bus to the high school anywhere near where we live. There's a bus to Robina a bit down the street but we've heard bad reviews of robina state high school :unsure:

We'd REALLY like some local advice on what to do and she only started high school 3 months ago in oz and we're scared she might not adjust to a big city school, coming from a country school and all. Help please! Any info appreciated!:smile:

(moving next week!!!:arghh:)

Edited by Jenna123
Help somebody?

Just a bump for you.

Has two beautiful Aussie little girls :-)

Robina apparently has a new head and is on the up, it's near the hospital in Robina, my two have moved from a village primary 70 pupils to 900 children here, it's different, advantages & disadvantages but they adjust better than us, being out of the catchment area is not necessarily a bar to gettting in, but I would visit both schools first and get a feel for them

Cal

Job offer April 2011, Reccie July 2011, 457 submitted 21/09/2011, my medical only 14/10/11, medical submitted 21/10/11 (IT issues), referred 21/10/11, approved 27/10/11, landed 24/4/12, PR submitted (decision ready) June 2012, PR granted August 2013

Robina apparently has a new head and is on the up, it's near the hospital in Robina, my two have moved from a village primary 70 pupils to 900 children here, it's different, advantages & disadvantages but they adjust better than us, being out of the catchment area is not necessarily a bar to gettting in, but I would visit both schools first and get a feel for them

Cal

Hi Cal,

thanks for the reply. We have no transport to Varsity College and so we're getting a tour of Robina SHS hopefully this next week. If we don't get a good feel from Robina SHS we'll probably have to go Varsity.

Xx Jenna.

There seem to be loads of buses that take the children to school, I'd ask when you go, let me know what you think of Robina & Varsity if you go

Cal2

Job offer April 2011, Reccie July 2011, 457 submitted 21/09/2011, my medical only 14/10/11, medical submitted 21/10/11 (IT issues), referred 21/10/11, approved 27/10/11, landed 24/4/12, PR submitted (decision ready) June 2012, PR granted August 2013

Hi Cal2,

The bus stop is quite a walk away but I'm sure we can make it! Hoping the buses are good.

Hi Cal,

thanks for the reply. We have no transport to Varsity College and so we're getting a tour of Robina SHS hopefully this next week. If we don't get a good feel from Robina SHS we'll probably have to go Varsity.

Xx Jenna.

Hi Can I ask you what you thoughts on Robina SHS were?

Thanks

Nigel.