457 visa & work references

Got the job offer in Adelaide & excited until we had to start the 457 visa process! the Agent has now requested references from companies I worked for over the last 23yr period! Most of them have either merged or gone bust! How do I possibly get references from these old employers and is it absolutely necessary? shes also rejected my current references & wants them re-doing! Im supposed to be sitting the skills test on June 29th but at this rate I go nowhere fast. any tips please would be appreciated

Double check the info on references is correct.

this is all I was asked for by my MA for my 457.

Could you please email me the following documents so we can lodge your 457 visa application.

Signed 956 form (attached)

Completed Questionnaire (attached) or 1066 form (attached)

Passport bio page for each applicant included in this application

Birth certificates each applicant

Marriage certificate / evidence of de facto relationship (minimum evidence of 6 months living together - i.e. joint bank accounts, utility bills in same name, mail going to same address – need to prove you have been living together for at least 6 months)

Current resume

Qualifications

Training Certificates

Employment References (past 3 years) must be on company letter head, signed and dated

Employment contract

hope this helps gumster.

Got the job offer in Adelaide & excited until we had to start the 457 visa process! the Agent has now requested references from companies I worked for over the last 23yr period! Most of them have either merged or gone bust! How do I possibly get references from these old employers and is it absolutely necessary? shes also rejected my current references & wants them re-doing! Im supposed to be sitting the skills test on June 29th but at this rate I go nowhere fast. any tips please would be appreciated

I would be very surprised if the immigration department have asked for this information, it is actually pretty unusual to be doing a skills assessment as well for the 457 visa, not unheard of, but unusual. Definitely challenge this.

I would be very surprised if the immigration department have asked for this information, it is actually pretty unusual to be doing a skills assessment as well for the 457 visa, not unheard of, but unusual. Definitely challenge this.

Thanks for your reply , We where advised by the MA that I would need a skills assessment for the 457 to work as a licensed refrigeration & air conditioning engineer. It is for the assessment that she requires this info but I cannot trace anyone today from my past employers. To complicate manners I'm self employed & my references where from 2 companies who I sub contract too. They had provided good reference but they had not stated the amount of time I had carried out work for them so she requested I have them do them again as well as getting then certified again!

I didn't need any references..

Did you need medical & a police check?I have been in Oz for 2 years and submitted both for an ENS 186 that I had to withdraw as I failed skills assessment so waiting for employer to get Sponsorship & nomination so that I can apply for 457.....Kindergarten teacher..SOL 24111,but medical will be over 1 year old as will police check by the time I apply??

Good luck to y'all

I needed a medical as working in a hospital but not a police check. Good luck x

Did you need medical & a police check?I have been in Oz for 2 years and submitted both for an ENS 186 that I had to withdraw as I failed skills assessment so waiting for employer to get Sponsorship & nomination so that I can apply for 457.....Kindergarten teacher..SOL 24111,but medical will be over 1 year old as will police check by the time I apply??

Good luck to y'all

I attached it all straight away to hopefully speed up process, and if they need extra info after that they will ask, if you have attached everything they need it will just be processed and should be quicker, you have upto 28 days fom lodging application to attach everything, I was told by diac. Good luck

Anybody know if you're supposed to attach your passport, CV etc as soon as you lodge and pay for the visa or wait until DIAC request additional info?

Archived