Family estate wanted around 2L - Scotland/UK

Is anyone selling their family car in the next couple of months?

We're moving back in the beginning of July and have a friend in the UK looking for a car for us so we don't have to hire one when we first arrive.

Really looking for an estate but would consider an SUV that has plenty of luggage room.

Prepared to spend up to 5k GBP - condition/mileage more important than age.

Friend is based in Edinburgh but willing to travel a reasonable distance.

PM me if you are looking to sell - we would need it at the latest 12th July but are ready to buy now.

• 2 weeks later...

We're heading back to Oz from UK in July. We've got a 2010 7-seater to sell, low mileage. Looking at about £9500 which I know is more than you said but I just thought I'd through it out there. We're in central belt. PM if you need more info.

We're heading back to Oz from UK in July. We've got a 2010 7-seater to sell, low mileage. Looking at about £9500 which I know is more than you said but I just thought I'd through it out there. We're in central belt. PM if you need more info.

Thanks but that is definitely too much, our car here is up for $8500k so that's our budget. Good luck with your move.

Had no idea what you meant when you said an estate.

Do you mean a station wagon ?

That's what the yanks call 'em yes ;)

There aren't many cattle stations in Scotland, we have country estates instead!

Hi Jules,

Where in Scotland are you heading back to? We left west Lothian to come to Perth, recently had a wobble and were looking at house prices back there! Donna x

I was just looking at houses in West Lothian this morning :) We are moving back to Brightons because we have a house there but have a place for our son at Clifton Hall School and plan to move to West Lothian - either Linlithgow or somewhere more rural. If you are living in Perth and having wobbles I definitely wouldn't advise looking at what you can buy for the same money, you'll be on the first plane home :)

Archived