Has PIO turned you off Perth?

Harpodom

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had such a laugh this afternoon reading through this post. I see it degenerated into the usual slag Perth session by the usual slaggers.

But to answer the original OP - if comments on PIO turned you off wanting to come to Perth, I reckon that means you have a personality issue in not being able to make informed decisions yourself about a place. We are all different, we all want different things in life, and we should all have the freedom to live where we want. So what if everyone in an area is a Brit..... does that mean they have leprosy or something? I live in an older southern suburb and the mix is great... Poms, Chinese, Aussie, Thai, Japanese, South African - and that is just the street I live in.

There are some people on this forum who have such narrow bigoted minds and who are actually bringing down the previous reputation of PIO as a helpful and informative tool for migrants, both those on the beginning of their journey, and those already in Australia and looking to pass on their new knowledge. To such posters I make the suggestion that they go troll elsewhere!

Guest guest76088

PIO has turned me off associating with Pom In Oz. But then most of the whingers are no longer there. Which helps.

BigD

I have had such a laugh this afternoon reading through this post. I see it degenerated into the usual slag Perth session by the usual slaggers.

But to answer the original OP - if comments on PIO turned you off wanting to come to Perth, I reckon that means you have a personality issue in not being able to make informed decisions yourself about a place. We are all different, we all want different things in life, and we should all have the freedom to live where we want. So what if everyone in an area is a Brit..... does that mean they have leprosy or something? I live in an older southern suburb and the mix is great... Poms, Chinese, Aussie, Thai, Japanese, South African - and that is just the street I live in.

There are some people on this forum who have such narrow bigoted minds and who are actually bringing down the previous reputation of PIO as a helpful and informative tool for migrants, both those on the beginning of their journey, and those already in Australia and looking to pass on their new knowledge. To such posters I make the suggestion that they go troll elsewhere!

Good points Ross, many thanks.

This thread is more about some people having their 2 mins of moaning about British people than anything about Perth. I believe people live in an area because they like the surrounds and they feel they could make a home there, neighbours and locals become secondary. If you are prepared to take people as you see them they will take you as they see you. To be honest I feel the original poster was being more racist regarding a clan of people not born to Australia and thus avoiding those who were born Aussies.

​Not the best of threads to read.

This thread is more about some people having their 2 mins of moaning about British people than anything about Perth. I believe people live in an area because they like the surrounds and they feel they could make a home there, neighbours and locals become secondary. If you are prepared to take people as you see them they will take you as they see you. To be honest I feel the original poster was being more racist regarding a clan of people not born to Australia and thus avoiding those who were born Aussies.

​Not the best of threads to read.

Again, valid points. I stand corrected. Many thanks

It is pom central but they weren't too noticeable when I was there and we definitely had a great time. I can think of many other places in Oz, Melbourne for instance, that would be a far worse place to live.

wendee i have just noticed you have changed your wording for your location in your avatar.you just can't stop talking to them though ha ha ha

Guest Ptp113
wendee i have just noticed you have changed your wording for your location in your avatar.you just can't stop talking to them though ha ha ha

Nice grammar, NOT!