Sent off the forms but still no reply!!!???

Guest Brookesy

Guest Brookesy

I sent my 47sk form and £800 money order about 8 weeks ago but still no reply? i thought i was supposed to get an email confirming they have received it after 2 - 3 weeks!

Did anyone else out there have the same trouble??

Cheers Mark.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Mark

How did you send your application? Are you able to prove the date of delivery to the ASPC. Also, can your Bank confirm whether or not the Bank's own account has been debited for the money order?

I heave heard of complete applications simply vanishing after proven delivery to the ASPC's office and signed for by them on arrival. The applicant and his agent had to fill out a completely new set of forms, get another money-order and so forth. Another agent chipped into that particular thread and remarked that the same thing has happened to one of her own clients in the past. So whilst I don't think it is a common event, it certainly does happen occasionally (as does the LCU mislaying meds files.)

If you can track down a definite delivery date, you can e-mail, phone and generally kick ass until you discover the reason for this delay, I suggest.

Fingers crossed that all will prove to be well.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Brookesy

Cheers for the reply Gill.

I checked my email straight after posting this tread and there was my acknowledgement that they had reiceived it. . . . .$10 short!!! :shock: It said that i had 3 days to pay or my application would be invalid :shock: :shock: . The email was sent on the 28th so today was the last day :shock: :shock: :shock: . I completed the fax credit card payment and sent it off, also replying to the email. Now i'm worried i faxed it to the wrong number! :roll: it said ( 0 8 ) 1234 5678 so i put 0061 for oz, took of the zero for adelaide leaving the 8 then the 1234 5678 bit?? Does this sound correct??? :?

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Mark

Sounds OK to me. My sister lives in Perth, and from here her phone/fax code is 0061-89-xxx-xxxx. You've got the right number of digits. Also, they are rarely as ferocious as they make out about deadlines.

Keep us posted.

Cheers

Gill

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brookesy

Hello all,

Well they got my faxed $10 ok, i had an email yesterday with a letter attached! :D

It said in the letter that they received my application on the 14th June.

The processing date for off shore priority applications ( which i think mine is as i have a job in demand ) is as follows, at the date of my application (14thJune) they were processing one's dated March 1st to the 8th 2006.

Which i make to be around 13 to 14 weeks delay. So i'm thinking that 13 to 14 weeks after my date they will be looking at mine? does this sound about right to anyone?

Given that my date of application received is already 8 weeks ago i'm counting on around 6 more weeks???

If this is the case then i think i should get my police check under way so i have it ready as i heard it takes around 40 days?

I'm also thinking of getting the medical sorted too?

Can i go to my local police station for the check up? And does anyone now about where you can get the medicals done? i'm in loughborough so do i visit my GP??

Any help, info or just thoughts on my processing theory would be great :wink:

Cheers, Mark.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Mark

http://www.police.uk/forces/forceslist.asp

Here are the cops. Go into the website got your local cops and select Freedom of Information, then Data Protection and eventually the thing will tell you about Subject Access. With many police forces you can now download the form. Costs £10 per adult to get these checks done. They can tke the full 40 days but sometimes they are completed in about 3 weeks.

http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/Visas%5fand%5fMigration.html

Go to the bottom of the web-page and click on the link about Health. It will provide the list of Panel Doctors in the UK plus Forms 26 & 160 which are the two meds-forms required.

The meds tend to cost in the region of £200-250 per adult including the x-rays and blood-test. If there is a choice with a reasonable radius of you, shop around because prices do vary a bit and so does the length of time they take to give you appointments.

Are you aware that you can send a blank e-mail to the ASPC every Tuesday and get an auto-reply telling you that they are now appointing COs for applications lodged between xx/xx/06 and yy/yy/06? Apparently the dates on this list have nnot moved for the last 3 weeks. I'd be inclined to watch the list for a month or two before deciding exactly when to frontload.

Hope this is of some use.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Brookesy

Cheers for the info again Gill you're a star!! :wink:

Think i'll get the police thing sorted, then get the meds done when that comes back, hopefully by then i'll have my CO!

Cheers again!

Hi,

It took us 4months & 2 weeks after application to get our CO (and request for medicals). Our acknowledgement letter did say that the wait for processing was 4 - 5 months. I'd get the police checks done as these are the ones that take so long to come back (40 days), We only had to wait 2 weeks for a medical appointment (because there were 4 of us), but the Dr. had sent everything off within 7 working days.

Our Dr. said he's doing at least 1,000 medicals a year now and that number keeps rising so there's lots of us going to Aus

Archived