Catholic schools in Melbourne

Guest movingdownunder

Guest movingdownunder

Hi, we are moving to Melbourne in January 2009 and are desperately looking for schools for our daughters. (At the moment 8 and 10)

Ideally we would like a catholic school that goes from juniors right through to seniors and if possible girls only. At the moment we have not settled on a suburb so if the school is right we could go anywhere.

If anyone has any info please I would be very grateful, it is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Hi there,

I have just started working in a catholic primary school in Frankston East. At the moment I don't really know very much about any of the catholic schools in Melbourne and don't know how many of them actually cater for prep through to secondary. I know there are girls schools out there, again I don't know where.

The best place to start a search would be this link Catholic Education Office - Directory It is the web address for the Melbourne Catholic Education site and from there you can put in your own search criteria for schools.

Hope this helps a little, sorry I can't be of more assistance with this query!

Felicity:cute:

• 2 months later...
Guest G Knight
Hi, we are moving to Melbourne in January 2009 and are desperately looking for schools for our daughters. (At the moment 8 and 10)

Ideally we would like a catholic school that goes from juniors right through to seniors and if possible girls only. At the moment we have not settled on a suburb so if the school is right we could go anywhere.

If anyone has any info please I would be very grateful, it is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Hi,

I'm studying in the UK at the moment, but grew up in melbourne. I went to Genazzano FCJ College, which is a private catholic girls school in Melbourne. I absolutly loved Gen. The teachers are fantastic, the girls are great, it overs a range of co-curricular activities and there's something about the Gen school spirit that is so encouraging. Genazzano, and another catholic girls school Loreto Mandevile college, are probably the top two best catholic girls schools in melbourne, in terms of academic results and music and sport programmes.

It's situated in Kew, which is very "private schooly" are of Melbourne, but is really family friendly. Another family friendly suburb, that attracts the more working-class people is Ivanhoe. If you are not in the position (financially) to pay the school fees which are quite expensive, there are many other catholic girls schools around melbourne. It really depends on whereabouts you choose to live. Do you know what suburb you are moving to?

Goodluck and I hope this information helps. Please post again if you need more information.

Guest G Knight

Oh and another thing, gen caters for junior and senior students (Prep( 5 and 6 year olds) right through to year 12). Again, Loreto and Gen (I think!) are the only catholic girls schools in Melbourne who have junior and senior schools together.

• 5 months later...

Genazzano is very good - fantastic public transport links.

I am unsure if this goes all the way through, but Santa Maria College is located in the inner northern suburbs.

Gen is in the inner east.

Guest angelinjones

Catholic education in the Archdiocese of Melbourne represents the fourth largest education system in Australia, operating in the third largest Catholic diocese in the world. Catholic education contributes to the Church's educational mission and promotes a view of the individual and the community centred on the person and teachings of Jesus Christ.

===================

Angelinjones

messsage marketing

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi, I agree that Genazzano FCJ College is showing excellent results, with a study score of 23% and 100% VCE, 100% VET and 100% on to University what more could you want. Fees are approx $13,050 for a YR 10 pupil fees based on last year.

In the Southern suburbs you then have

Toorak - Loreto Mandeville Hall

Gardenvale - Star of the Sea (YR7 - Yr12)

Mentone - Kilbreda (Yr 7 - Yr 12)

Archived