Shipping Advice and links for members moving to OZ

Love Shoes

Nearly every day we see new threads being started from new members or existing members asking advice on shipping ... I just wondered if we could as members who have already made the move successfully offer then some advice and tips ....

this may have been done before, not sure ....

i know when we were getting ready to move here I had loads of .?s ..... so I wondered if we could keep anything our members moving across might ask could be posted on this thread ....

i.e., we get quite a few queries about shipping wooden objects ...

wicker, furry toys, garden furniture, vacuum cleaners et et the list is endless ...

so come on guys lets give these people some smart advice, lets try to keep it on topic, so they can browse the thread and find the answer to the query they have ......

we can post useful links for www.daff.gov.au and many more ...

Hope this thread becomes useful ...... I will say it again ... That without the help of PIO and the brilliant members who answered my queries I doubt we would have made the move so smoothly ..... the only thing we got charged (to destroy) was a rogue Christmas decoration made of corn husk at $77 ... without PIO I think it could have been a case of turning the boat round and going around ......

Guest glilly65

[h=2]Moving Home back to oz[/h]

I am moving back to OZ next month and am looking for some help, i have been quoted £2950.00 door to door for my container from a company and an extra 850.00 for my car but i have to pick it up from the port. They supply boxes also. Please can i have your opinion on this???

Would very much appreciate it. :biggrin:

Guest glilly65

Many Thanks for this, i think the price seems ok in this case and they seem very good so far with the help given

Nearly every day we see new threads being started from new members or existing members asking advice on shipping ... I just wondered if we could as members who have already made the move successfully offer then some advice and tips ....

this may have been done before, not sure ....

i know when we were getting ready to move here I had loads of .?s ..... so I wondered if we could keep anything our members moving across might ask could be posted on this thread ....

i.e., we get quite a few queries about shipping wooden objects ...

wicker, furry toys, garden furniture, vacuum cleaners et et the list is endless ...

so come on guys lets give these people some smart advice, lets try to keep it on topic, so they can browse the thread and find the answer to the query they have ......

we can post useful links for www.daff.gov.au and many more ...

Hope this thread becomes useful ...... I will say it again ... That without the help of PIO and the brilliant members who answered my queries I doubt we would have made the move so smoothly ..... the only thing we got charged (to destroy) was a rogue Christmas decoration made of corn husk at $77 ... without PIO I think it could have been a case of turning the boat round and going around ......

That is an excellent idea Shoes, we can really learn from others' experiences and/or mistakes and advice.

I am in the "shipping" zone at the moment and if I carry on like this, I will meet myself coming back again:wink:

Just wanted to remind people to make sure the soles of any shoes they are importing into OZ are spick and span, I spent ages on the forum reading up on cleaning / shipping shoes ... People all said the same thing, clean the soles with either Jeyes fluid or Milton, I used a solution on Milton and a toothbrush, it took me a full Saturday afternoon, (I remember it well) cleaning my beloved collection, make sure you don't pack them damp though, I obviously don't want to patronise people, so apologise if anyone thinks I am, but they can be fussy with shoes ..... I was talking to someone a couple of weeks ago who said she had been chatting to a lady who had an expensive collection of shoes she was shipping from nz to oz, and they didn't pass the inspection, she couldn't afford to have them treated so they were destroyed .... :cry: very sad .... Just glad I did my homework, or that might have been me.

Just wanted to remind people to make sure the soles of any shoes they are importing into OZ are spick and span, I spent ages on the forum reading up on cleaning / shipping shoes ... People all said the same thing, clean the soles with either Jeyes fluid or Milton, I used a solution on Milton and a toothbrush, it took me a full Saturday afternoon, (I remember it well) cleaning my beloved collection, make sure you don't pack them damp though, I obviously don't want to patronise people, so apologise if anyone thinks I am, but they can be fussy with shoes ..... I was talking to someone a couple of weeks ago who said she had been chatting to a lady who had an expensive collection of shoes she was shipping from nz to oz, and they didn't pass the inspection, she couldn't afford to have them treated so they were destroyed .... :cry: very sad .... Just glad I did my homework, or that might have been me.

I spent yesterday afternoon cleaning the soles of my shoes AGAIN, first with Jeyes and now with baby wipes. I knew they were spotless when the baby wipe stayed the same colour. I spoke to a shipper this morning who could not believe how much info I knew about the customs procedure. I said to her, you need to get on PIO, you learn something new every day:notworthy::biggrin:

There's some good advice here but one for the boys: what to do about fishing rods and tackle? I read that everything has to be dry but I was thinking I would get rid of the line etc and wash everything with disinfectant. Camping gear too. I fully intend to take my tent and have read you need to make sure the ground sheet is super clean and also disinfected. Any ideas, please share!

• 1 month later...

Hey

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of shipping children's trampolines? One of the shippers said that although one of his customers had cleaned the trampoline thoroughly, when it got to customs it had to be re-cleaned as the tubes that hold the netting are hollow and they wanted to make sure it was fully clean. I wanted to check if anyone else has managed to ship without having to get them cleaned? If not we may have to leave it in the UK.

Thanks for any help Clare x

Archived