How much is your Ozzie internet ?

Guest HeywoodMonkey

Guest HeywoodMonkey

How much is your Ozzie internet ?

Hy

I am currently paying £11.80 per month for 8 meg broadband, i managed to reduce it to this figure from £15.49 per month in my never ending quest to save money this end so i hopefully have more at the Australian end. I was wondering what packages etc are available in Oz ?

If you wish to see how i got my package down to £11.80 then you can HERE the site is none profit and is just my hobby at websites combined with my efforts to save money no matter how Extreme.

Regards

index_r2_c1.gif

Guest Watersports

You'll find you get what you pay for out here.....but it's nothing like England. We found the whole process very backwards. It took us months, we could only get ADSL (through the phone line due to where we live....ummmm we live in the centre of town!!) and had to get a home line which we didn't want as we use internet phone and mobile.

We pay $80 but have unlimited broadband plus a phone line. Over here you pay for how much you download and the speed that you want....see I told you it was backwards. So if you only check your internet now and then you really won't need much.

Here is a list of providers: List of Australian Broadband Providers - Bigpond, Optus, AAPT, Primus, People Telecom, Internode and more

This month, they've just started to offer naked broadband (without a phone line) but it seems just as expensive so probably need to wait for costs to come down:

gotalk naked: The best broadband plan in town? - General News - www.pcauthority.com.au

HEre is another website that compares the best deals: Best broadband deals, compare broadband packages, broadband offers

Bare in mind though that just like the UK, some of the cheapest providers like Dodo offer the worst service. Infact Dodo were recently in the papers as the government might investigate them due to their customer service and broadband service in general has been so bad and the complaint level so high.....

Guest Sheerluck

We pay $60 per month with Exetel for their "naked" ADSL2+ service, for 60gig of download per month and 100 local/national calls per month on the VOIP service (note - no standard phone line included, you have to use VoIP for all calls). Calls to the UK are 1c per minute.

Not as good a deal as we had in the UK, but better than most we've found over here.

We moved here 5 weeks ago, into temp accomodation, so didn't want to get tied into a contract.

We went with "3" and for $29 a month you get upto 2Gb. This is not enough so we have upped it to 4Gb for $49 a month. You need to be in a "3" broadband area and you only get speeds upto 1.5Mbps, the coverage is pretty good and we have hooked it up to laptop with the "dongle" modem. We did, however, have to pay $200 (80 Pounds) to buy the modem out right as not to get into the 24 month contract. But where online with in a week of arriving.

When we settle into somewhere more permenant we will probably go for one the packages already mentioned but the way we did it means that you can get back on line more quickly when you arrive because we all know what a nightmare it is not being able to check your emails and surf the net when you want!

The UK definately has better deals than Oz, plus the TV is rubbish here as well!!

Good Luck

Archived