Medicals/Police checks submitted for Defacto visa... what next ?

Kevin11

Hi guys,

Just wondering do you hear back from your CO after police checks and medicals have been submitted to advise you don't need to submit anything else, and the visa is pending grant ?

From reading on here some people have been told this but I'm not sure if it's them that have asked or they have been told.

cheers!

Guest GeorgeD

Some will tell you, some won't. Has your CO confirmed they have received the info? If they haven't...you have a perfect opportunity to phone them (email is easy to ignore) and confirm if they have received what you sent...and while you're on you might as well ask if they need any more info. If they say yes...they'll tell you what they need. If they say no, you're getting a visa...its just a matter of time!

Guest GeorgeD

Did your CO reply confirming receipt? Mine didn't...even after half a dozen attempts! I had to send an email saying I would be sending a copy of the unanswered emails by recorded delivery from Oz to London and copies of the additional evidence I had submitted to receive confirmation of receipt...she had given me 42 days to provide more evidence and if she didn't reply confirming receipt then I couldn't be sure I had complied with her request so would have to resend with written confirmation. Finally I got an email saying ... "I confirm receipt of additional evidence" Nice as ninepence on the phone, but never replied to an email!

Try not to hassle your CO, but if you have submitted everything and they should have it...I would be tempted to make a "so do you need anything else or are we all good and I can sit back and relax and let you grant my visa in due course" phonecall...and then after they say yes, you're all good...sit back and relax...hassling them after this point won't speed things up.

I asked before my medical and police check. I just said, sorry to bother you, I know you're busy, but we're looking at heading out earlly so I just wanted to know if I would need to send anything on or did she have everything she needed. I got a very nice reply back the next day telling me that she was just waiting on the checks and everything else was in order. I was very pleased!

Guest GeorgeD
I asked before my medical and police check. I just said, sorry to bother you, I know you're busy, but we're looking at heading out earlly so I just wanted to know if I would need to send anything on or did she have everything she needed. I got a very nice reply back the next day telling me that she was just waiting on the checks and everything else was in order. I was very pleased!

Yup, if you think you've sent the lot, don't be afraid to ask if you're all good. If your CO has all the info they need, they will tell you. After that it's just a mater of time. Again, there's a fine line between being reasonable and hassling!

Guest GeorgeD
George I am so paranoid about hassling her that I have only emailed her twice in total!

If you've been told by your CO that they don't need any more evidence, then honestly, try and relax. You are going to be approved (unless you have some sort of serious medical condition or are a career criminal!) This is probably the hardest bit! At least when you were putting your application together you were involved in it. You had a bit of focus. You even had some deadlines...and they were your deadlines. But now you have pretty much nothing to do...and at some vague point in the future you know a visa will pop out to you eventually...SO WHY CAN'T YOU HAVE IT NOW lol...I found the waiting to be the worst part. Even when I knew my CO didn't need any more info, I interpreted every minute of delay as a minute where it could all go wrong. And it didn't. lol

Try not to hassle your CO, honestly it won't make a blind bit of difference!