EOI - Accountant (General) 22111 - 189 Visa - 60 points - Chances of being invited?

Kurvyy

Hey Guys,

I'm helping a friend with her visa application. She has 2 options. 189 Independent (60 points) or 489 Sponsored by her sister who has citizenship (70 points)

Personally i'm not a big fan of the 489 as it is not permanent and last for 4 years and have some restrictions where she can work, etc..

Anyone out there who had 60 points and how long did it take you guys to get an invite once you submitted an EOI for 189? She's running out of time as her current visa will expire soon.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hey Guys,

I'm helping a friend with her visa application. She has 2 options. 189 Independent (60 points) or 489 Sponsored by her sister who has citizenship (70 points)

Personally i'm not a big fan of the 489 as it is not permanent and last for 4 years and have some restrictions where she can work, etc..

Anyone out there who had 60 points and how long did it take you guys to get an invite once you submitted an EOI for 189? She's running out of time as her current visa will expire soon.

In my opinion there is a 100% chance of receiving an invite for 189 with 60 points. I'd say go for it without a second thought.

4 days

Hey Guys,

That's may plan too!! Hoping for EOI with 60 points, certainly recently EOI's have been granted with 60 points within few days / 2 weeks maximum :)

• 1 year later...

In the most recent invitation round on 8 September, Accountants with 60 point EOIs submitted on or before 14 August 2014, received an invitation so it took under 4 weeks for them. Of course, if a large number of accountants submit new EOIs before you, that time could stretch somewhat but probably not by many weeks.

Hey Guys,

Hi

Of course she will be invited. As the majority of 189 applicants are people who have 60 points. So dont worry too much. I submitted and EOI on 25th June and got my invitation on 28 July, currently applicants who have 60 points will be invited in second round of next month.

Archived