State application for queensland

Princess cj

Hi Nic,

manik here, I am a software engineer and would like to have work in Victoria region of Australia, so how would you pprefer me to go and work there or should I apply for some other state?

Also, would you please tell me that is there any need for consultanat to apply for PR in Australia or we can apply of our own as well..??

Hi Manik it all depends on the type of visa your going for, I only know re SS and in particular for nursing so unable to assist with your queries sorry. My understanding is for a 189 visa you can work anywhere but need at least 60 points to submit EOI, for 190 55 points is sufficient but you must be on the 'wanted list' (SOL) for that stateand spaces may be limited in that once occupation ceiling are reached then you have to wait until July. Each visa also comes with its own specifics such as Ielts and skills assessments so best check out immi.gov.au for further info

Ive had a bit of a runaround to be honest so dont know at present, I submitted EOI after positive skills assessment but QLD want me to be registered also so application currently on hold, however they are quick to respond to emails

HI Nic how long after you lodged your EOI did they get in touch for you to lodge your SS? we lodged EOI last Monday but not heard anything yet you see I have my letter of eligibility from AHPRA so just waiting on them now to send application

Initially i lodged even though I knew they had taken off Aged Care Nurse and they emailed within a few days, then a couple of weeks later it was back on (weird!) so I emailed the woman who had originally told me it wasnt on and then she said they would reconsider and next day she sent email with request for further info, I then submitted this about 2 weeks later however I only have Anmac not got Ahpra yet so then she said I have to wait, shes now waiting for me to tell her long Ahpra will take to see if they will hold my EOI. Im about to submit Ahpra, just off to get docs notarised tomorrow. So to cut long story short they are really quick at emailing in response to queries and submissions albeit Im no further forward!

• 1 month later...
Dear NIC

Could you please help me with the QLD email id contact to intiate the State sponsorship.

P.S: Sorry for interrupting in between

Hi Srini

I dont want to give the email I had as it was just the individual dealing with my case, I would suggest trying http://www.qld.gov.au/contact-us/ for queries but from my journey I submitted an EOI for QLD SS and they contacted me re requirements

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

Hi millards,

so have you got ur Qld SS.how much time did they ask u to wait before the outcome of the nomination application.Iam also waiting to be contacted by Qld Deptt.What info did they ask you when they contacted.Do we provide all the info via email or through regular post?How much bank balance is sufficient for a family of 4?

Hi Brizi

yeah we got our SS in June - we fly out in 5 weeks!!

they asked me about jobs we had found that would suit us, email copies of advertisements, what schools we had found for the children in the areas and they wanted to know that we knew how much cost of living was such as rental prices etc - send copies of all that you find.

and they did not give us an amount but my migration officer suggested around $40-50 thousand for a family of 4. all info goes via email and only took less than a week once all info had been received....

Have you heard anything yet?

good luck

charl

Hi millards,

so have you got ur Qld SS.how much time did they ask u to wait before the outcome of the nomination application.Iam also waiting to be contacted by Qld Deptt.What info did they ask you when they contacted.Do we provide all the info via email or through regular post?How much bank balance is sufficient for a family of 4?

Hi charl,

Thanks for the reply.yea i have been contacted by qld govt.and requested further info like my commitment to live in the state,evidence of funds,and vetassess assesssment.i gathered all the info and will be emailing them tmrw.regarding jobs i have mentioned some job sites but do w have to provide them link for a particular job add related to my profession.hopefully thgey should be satisfied with the required info and nominate me for SS.keeping fingers crossed.what region of qld are you looking forward to settle down?

tk care

brizi

Hi Brizi

Yeah I would send for each job you have found.. I attached all links for school, jobs, rentals, and cost of living I even sent a quote from ask Bob - lol to show I had researched the cost of living!!! . They were satisfied and I had SS with days of submitting.

We are moving to the sunshine coast - how about you??

good luck

Charl

Hi charl,

Thanks for the reply.yea i have been contacted by qld govt.and requested further info like my commitment to live in the state,evidence of funds,and vetassess assesssment.i gathered all the info and will be emailing them tmrw.regarding jobs i have mentioned some job sites but do w have to provide them link for a particular job add related to my profession.hopefully thgey should be satisfied with the required info and nominate me for SS.keeping fingers crossed.what region of qld are you looking forward to settle down?

tk care

brizi

Archived