Carpentry tech interview successful :)

chriscici

Checked Vetassess website this morning and hey bingo :)

so now I have to decide wether to try and get 7's in IELTS and go for a 189 I'm UK born and bred but this IELTS looks like a bit of a knitemare, or I can apply for state sponsorship with WA as a carpenter and claim 5 points for my wife as a hairdresser under the 190 visa.....

What do you guys think any pros or cons you can point out?

​Cheers Chris

​Hi Chris i'm Dan i'm also a carpenter from UK looking to emigrate to Perth, also i think i've decided to go for the 190 visa. I'm quite behind you in the process as i've only just booked my place for the ielts test. I was wondering if we could stay in contact (though i don't wish to stalk you)! just to compare the times the visas take and also to swap any info we may have if that's ok. I'm very new to this and like everyone it's a fairly big step we're taking so any help/reassurance is always good wherever it comes from.

Cheers Dan

Hi Chris I'm from Oldham originally (where the streets are paved with gold)! but I've been living in Cork Ireland for the best part of 10 years on and off. No I haven't done Vetassess yet that's also another date to sort out this weekend. The soonest IELTS test is 8th June so I'll have to wait for that. I hope it's not a long process. Where are you from?

Hi Dan I'm from Swansea in Wales, Ielts is my next step and if successful I'll go for a 189 or 190 visa, I'm in no rush so I might just sit tight for a 189, Any reason why you've chosen Perth? I can't get my head around where i'd like to settle, been looking into Perth, NSW Newcastle area and Adelaide they all look very nice :)

Have you started preparing for the Ielts yet I don't think it's gonna be easy so I'm gonna book up this weekend for July and order some books up and get into them.

Hi Chris. I chose Perth because there's a few lads i know out there so they'd be handy for contacts for work, plus i hear the money's pretty good too! I thought about a 189 too but i was told it can take longer than a 190 and i'm itching to get out there as things are pretty crap over here at the moment, the work is there but the money not great. Have you done your skills test? Is it difficult? I'm contemplating doing the tech interview as i think there's a test centre in Manchester. I can only seem to get up the test schedules up to May though, you don't know anywhere else that has a list of dates do you? Also i was looking at the paperwork you have to have ready for it, there seems LOADS! Do we really need to do all that? Sorry for all the questions Chris if i could afford another £1500 it'd be so much easier to get an agent wouldn't it. Cheers for staying in contact, much appreciated. Dan

Archived