In fact to make it more fun you could do it by questionnaire:

When I go out I drink:

a) cosmopolitans

b) lager beer

c) long drinks

d) soft drinks

d) heavily

...and then estimate accordingly.

I am sure marketeers do a lot of this already including some correlation such as those that answer (a) are likely to be driving MX5s and spend more money on their hair for example.

All that is required the different elements of the model to be integrated.

Voila! We have the "Expats Lifestyle Engine" (TM Pending)

BigD

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ptp113
A bit like after the horse has bolted being two hundred plus years too late.

I meant the Riffraff type poms that flood Oz these days. 200 years back poms had real 'bottle', now most can barely open a bottle!

Tailor made suits are a fantastic luxury.....don't have to cost the earth. You can spend loads on a designer "name" like Timothy Everest (would love to, even I can't justify the cost) or the old money places on Savile Row, or get a not-far-off facsimile from a small back street tailor, still plenty of them around

This is the bloke I've used in the past, fantastic service and quality for about 600 or 700 quid depending on fabric. Worth every penny, ten times the suit of a similarly priced off the peg job from the big fashion houses

[urlclothes /tailor.co.uk/[/url]

Biggest problem with bespoke is it can't be rushed - minimum 4 weeks IME. So I can't pick one up when I go home. I am taking an empty suitcase for shoes, other clothes and bedding though

​:wink:

Very good points. I'm not into clothes shopping, scruffy as me, but when I have to buy something get it quality and it will last. And it doesn't have to be expensive. I got a half-tailored (not fully bespoke) suit from TM Lewin in Jermyn Street for less than £250. Charcoal grey, classic single breasted cut - hatches, matches, dispatches, interviews, court; all sorted.

Got a pair of black brogues from Clarks (not Church's quality but not price either) in a factory discount shop in 2001. A bit of care and polish and they still look like new. I paid $180 for a pair of RM Williams best boots at a "seconds" sale in 2004 and between them I don't need to buy good shoes again. Boots for work, trainers for sport, flip-flops for everything else. (I must admit I also have a pair of boat shoes the wife made me buy but I think look poofy as.)