Language Schools?

Guest Cellefrouin

Guest Cellefrouin

Hi, does anyone know if there are any French speaking schools in Australia. There seems to be much emphasis on English being spoken throughout, which is understandable but not any other languages. My children are fluent French and English speakers and I would like them to continue with the French language they have learned. Regards, Caroline.:radar:

Guest julie2g1b

hi there

i dont know if they do french you will have to go on some of the school web sites

my daughter of 13 is fluent in japenes which i do know they do that as she

wants to carry that on she is very good at french/ german quite fluent in both, i know

they do indonesion (cant spell sorry) i think it's like if you live near that country then they

focus more on that may be wrong

julie :wubclub:

We have a bilinugal French Australian K - 10 government school here in Canberra which is supported in part by the French government. Kids from there tend to go on to a college which does the IB. This is in ACT (Canberra). Dont know about other states.

With all states putting an emphasis on LOTE (Languages other than English) in the curriculum nationally I suppose you may find schools where French is another language option but, quite frankly, LOTE classes are usually little more than a few words and an appreciation of the local cuisine, you dont end up being a fluent speaker until you have done a specialized course in late HS or college.

Archived